Questions

TheNaga

Re: Questions

5 WF: Beam Weapons, Energy Weapons, Vehicle Weapons

Silly question. What is the difference in Beam and Energy Weapons in your game? From memory of the Movies (who knows maybe its listed else where) your choice in ranged weapons seemed limited to Blaster tech.

--

Do you have Everyman skills for the campaign, did he buy them all as normal skills or have they just not been applied yet?

If you wanted to build weapons (I believe it was asked earlier) Weaponsmith is their for you.

Helmet/External Respirator Powers:

10 1) Helmet Radio Systems: Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group), Discriminatory (15 Active Points); OIF Durable (Helmet; -1/2)

10 2) Breathing System: Life Support (Self-Contained Breathing)

7 3) Hardened Systems Built into Helmet: Power Defense (10 points), Conditional Power Electro-Magnetic Attacks Only (-0) (10 Active Points); OIF (Helmet; -1/2)

7 4) Air Filters Built into Helmet: Life Support (Immunity All terrestrial poisons; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases) (10 Active Points); OIF Durable (Helmet; -1/2)

5 5) Image Enhancement Built into Helmet: Nightvision, Telescopic: +6 (8 Active Points); OIF Durable (Helmet; -1/2)

5 6) Flash Protection Built into Helmet: Sight Group Flash Defense (8 points) (8 Active Points); OIF Durable (Helmet; -1/2)

I'm to lazy to add this all up and figure it out (with everything else) but wouldn't this be equipment? Its a Helmet and suit, now if the Breathing System is like Vader's in the sense that it never comes but more like a second skin I could see it as character points (which without a Focus on it seems to led some weigh that this assumption).

44 1) Force Sensitive: Detect Force Activity: Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Telescopic: +3

That is a heck of a lot of points for a single power on a budget. Is this character a prodigy at being Force Sensitive? Do all starting Jedi / Sith start with this power at this cost? Basically on the grand scale of users where does this character stack?

15 Distinctive Features: Massive Reptilian Alien (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

Star Wars is full of aliens and most people never seem to care about them. Isn't their a point reduction if Feature isn't that huge of a deal (can't remember, think it is based on the Culture or something).

Also if he sent his whole life in the suit (or a good chunk or it) and in the cities and ships perhaps instead of Overconfidence give him a Psychological Complication: Fear of Wide open Spaces.

--

For the physical description of the character isn't the suit the more telling aspect? Of course things like extra arms, eye stalks and rippling muscles can easily carry thru to the appearance of the suit. The Dependence you have for him means that most if not all interactions the character has is people recognizing the suit not the Alien in it. Sorta like Boba Fett and Vader in the movies, sure someone is in them but chances are you'll never see.

--

Overall I do see some similar aspects of this character and Vader but in the end the words on the sheet mean nothing if the character's personality is nothing like Vader. Heck even if this character was human with James Earl Jones voicing him if he could be completely different because at the end of the session its the how the character is portrayed and not written.

The skills are normal skill I wanted him to have. I want him to have been a pilot before becoming a Jedi. I also wanted him to be able to repair and fix the vehicles he uses. I would like him to get them most out of his points. I would like to have him known as a good mechanic as well as a pilot.

The Breathing System is like Vader's in the sense that it never comes. I know that i want him to be between 30-35 years old when he gets the breathing system. I was also wanting him to have to wear a suit that protects him have environment besides what is found on his home planet. I want him and his race to live around 600-675 years.

So how would I fix Force Sensitive then? I want him to start out with no more than five force powers. I did start out copying Vader and I also got the idea for the external respirator from Kabal from Mortal Kombat. If I was to copy anything I would want to copy some of Starkiller in the Sith Stalker Armor (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_stalker_armor).

I want him and his race to live around 600-675 years.

Life Support: Longevity (2pts) maybe

So how would I fix Force Sensitive then?

I don't think it needs fixed I'm just questioning the idea of spending 44 points on a power (any power). Its quite an investment but if you believe it is right then that is what matters.

Why wouldn't Detect (Force) work instead?

How do i do him as a pilot and mechanic if he is also a Jedi. I know that The Jedi choosen for training as a Jedi are chosen as a child. I would like him to be good at detecting the force in other as his best Jedi power/ability and have force leaping as his second best power/ability as a Jedi right now.

My questions had to do with:

1) What was the difference between Beam and Energy Weapons in your game?

2) Why is the helmet not equipment (If this is a Superheroic and not a Heroic game that is understandable)?

3) Was Spatial Awareness unique to this character or did all jedi / sith need to spend 44 points to detect, feel and see the force as you wanted?

3a) Couldn't Detect be used in place of Spatial Awareness as a cheaper version of Force Sensitive or was Spatial Awareness exactly what you wanted?

---

The character seems fine. You want a Pilot, Mechanic and Force user and that is what you have written up. You have the a nice set of skills for the character at very good levels so overall I think you have what you wanted to accomplish.

• 2 weeks later...

He is to be a player character. What about being eight feet tall? Would it better to have turn to the dark side then starting out as a dark sider? where can i find a complete list of all the force powers and what each force power does? Also is should his Str be high then 17 if he is massive?

Have you checked out wookieepedia? Its a Star Wars site, while not giving any game stats, does give descriptions to Force Powers and alot of other stuff. I didn't catch it, but are you playing were you have to pay for equipment or not? As for cybernetics affecting the force, I think in the book The Splinter of the Mind's Eye, it does, but as that being cannon, no idea.

Should you have yo pay for equipment? The Wookieepedia is the site I use when I want something from Star Wars. How would I go about find out the best info on the Sith Stalker Armor? I think in the end want him to have that Armor but with a different helmet (This link is what his helmet will look like (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/helmetl.jpg/) The wookieepedia has a good amount on it but I would like more on it. Has anyone done the Sith Stalker Armor for Heroes?

How would I go about making him original? I do like the external respirator but I could change it to something else. I know that I he will always have a cybernetic upper right arm and possibly a cybernetic right eye I was think he might have all of his limbs and right replace by cybernetic. His arms would then provide him with a +15 STR with each arm. and the ability to +5m with 1/2 or 0 endurance cost.

How do I go about describing his Life Support system/armor?

How would being from a desert planet effect him since his race is adapt to a desert conditions.

• 11 months later...

How can I improve the character since I have chosen to have him earn/gain cybernetics through the course of game play. That means that he does not have the helmet/external respirator and I have 57 point back now. Since my character is massive would that effect any of his characteristics? I would like my character to be quick and agile. How do I make him skilled at fighting with two lightsabers at once? How would I do the Juyo form in Champions since that is the form my character uses?