Deflection at Range

CptPatriot

If a character buys Deflection with the Ranged advantage,

• can she choose to deflect all the attacks coming to hit her team and herself?
  • can she choose which attacks she deflects, assuming she can tell the types of attacks apart?
  • does she pay END to Deflect the attacks once(which is what I was thinking) or each time it is used?

Re: Deflection at Range

If a character buys Deflection with the Ranged advantage,

• can she choose to deflect all the attacks coming to hit her team and herself?
  • can she choose which attacks she deflects, assuming she can tell the types of attacks apart?
  • does she pay END to Deflect the attacks once(which is what I was thinking) or each time it is used?

1. ??? Deflection is Ranged by default. It is the entire point of Deflection to allow you Block vs. Attacks that don't hit next to you.

2. That is defined in the Blocking rulesm, I look that up

3. I took me repeated questions to get that out of Steve Long, but the Cost is "once per Block Maneuver". You don't have to pay for each Block atempt

1. ??? Deflection is Ranged by default. It is the entire point of Deflection to allow you Block vs. Attacks that don't hit next to you.

2. That is defined in the Blocking rulesm, I look that up

3. I took me repeated questions to get that out of Steve Long, but the Cost is "once per Block Maneuver". You don't have to pay for each Block atempt

I forgot that Deflection was ranged. I think I was remembering how Missile Deflection was handled in the 5th Edition.

I forgot that Deflection was ranged. I think I was remembering how Missile Deflection was handled in the 5th Edition.

I can't keep Reflection and Deflection apart half of the tiem either.

In 6E there are the folowing ways to Block:

Normal Block, works always vs HTH. The GM can allow to use it vs. ranged attacks by default.

Deflection allows you to "Block Ranged Attacks on Range", similar to a Point Defenses System on a ship.

Relfection allows you to Block and redirect Ranged attacks within your normal Blocking range. Like a Jedi with a Lightsaber.