Creating a Creature which is highly skilled at using Multiple Limbs.

BhelliomRahl

Good day.

What I want to do is create a creature which is highly skilled at using its multiple limbs.

Use the Extra Limb Power to represent the additional 10 arms

The Talent Ambidextrous seams a logical starting point but not sure if its enough for a creature which has 10 addition limbs.

Relating to Combat:

My thoughts were initially to use PSL to negate the penalty for Multiple Attacks but after reading the rules realised this was not allowed.

So my other thoughts were:

1) Give is CSL (3pts) relating to its natural attacks with the limitation of only when used for multiple attacks, thinking a -1/4 limitation.

2) Create an attack power: Blast 4d6 (20): AOE - 5m Radius, Selective (+3/4) (35AP). No Range (-1/2) - 23 Real Cost.

Would be interested to know what ideas people have.

Re: Creating a Creature which is highly skilled at using Multiple Limbs.

Any chance this is question related to this Thread:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/87653-Somebody-needs-to-write-this-villain-up-now!

Extra Limbs is mainly a "defense vs. Grabs". It just gives you more limbs that have to be grabbed before you can't attack anymore, can't move, etc...

So yes, for his attack he needs another power.

1) Generally, I would leave the Multiattack penalties. Multiattack is what you use to mix different attacks.

Combined attack would allow him to fire all of his weapons at once agaisnt the same target.

Actually, this comics strip explaines it best:

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2002-04-12

Realism might not be your goal, but the rules are moddeled that way.

2) Generally, every Autofire(see 3) or Multibarrel weapon with a really high Rate of Fire can "create" an Area of Effect attack. Area of effects are easy to aim and "break" blocks/deflection/reflection quite nicely.

3) Use autofire. And combine it with the Autofire Skills (6E1 65 and APG I 36). Autofire is what you use when you want to use the same power against different targets with one attack action, but want to be able to "choose" better.

4) Combined Attack (6E2 74) is also an option, as long as you target the "same" being with all your attacks (they must not be equal, but you use the "worst" targetting method).

So when you have 10 Guns (bought with 5 point doubling Rule), you can just say "I make a combiend attack agaisnt that Amazing Amazon", make one Roll and if you hit do 10 times damage.

5) make it a Multipower. One slot normal Blast/killing attack/whatever. One slot Autofire. One Slot Area of Effect.

Re: Creating a Creature which is highly skilled at using Multiple Limbs.

The talent "Two Weapon Fighting" is at least a precedent for giving multiple-limbed characters a PSL vs. Multi-attack penalties - it lets you ignore the first -2. I suppose you could buy it multiple times to ignore a higher penalty or the penalty on more than just the second attack.

Other than that, yeah, autofire attacks defined as striking with multiple limbs could certainly work, then give the character / NPC autofire skills to represent it being better able to attack mutliple targets, or rapid attack so it can move then multi-attack, etc.