A Cyberpunk Rigger using Drones, Some Questions about it.

BhelliomRahl

Good day.

I am running a cyberpunk game. One of my players is a Rigger using a large number of drones (automation - computer controlled).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The the drones are the same but vary in size. The drones have a main gun which has a strength requirement of 20. Each meets this strength requirement.

In an encounter he had 8 of these drones clamped to his armour and fired them at the same time. The drone can handle the blast and stay clamped to the armour but the PC is not. I figured that the shot would cause him to be pushed back. I figured the strength requirement to fire them all would be 85.

I did this by STR 20 can lift 400kg, 8 x 400 = 3200kg. It takes STR 85 to lift this.

PC had strength 35. I had him take damage (normal) and knockback for the difference (10DC Normal, using only personal PD to defend).

Do people think I did this correctly or is their a better way to do it?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Another matter relating to the drones. The PC wants to give the Drones standing orders.

1) If drone attacked but do risk damage use Stunning Weapons.

2) If drone attacked with weapons capable of its destruction, use Killing Weapons.

3) If lose signal from Rigger continue current orders for 1 hour then return to rally point or home base if rally point not set.

The Computer has Intelligence of 28 - can run 6 programs at once.

The drones have programs to moniter its status, attack target and travel from point A to B. It has the relavent skills to do these task.

Should I allow these standing orders to exist or do I need to have him make them as a program - Operational Protocols? Also should the computer be allowed to change which program it has running to accomplish requested task, should this be a Int roll or as it falls into Operational Protocols should he do it as standard?

------------------------------------------------------------

Something I have been working on is that the Rigger uses Mind Link (Encrypted Communication) in conjuction with Speed Reading x1000 for burst communications to communicate with the Drones. The Drones can only communicate with the PC and not with each other or any other outside system.

How to I break into this communication?

1) Considered using Flash relating to Encrypted Communications (Mind Link) to disrupt the signal.

2) Using Detect to Detect the signals.

3) Using Mind Scan to locate the computer then Mind Control to Hack into and control it. (The problem is that the player says that the Mind Link is limited to between him and the drones - Disadvantage only with those who have same mind link) How do i replicate the PC Mind Link without first hacking his brain to get the info?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you

Re: A Cyberpunk Rigger using Drones, Some Questions about it.

Good day.

I am running a cyberpunk game. One of my players is a Rigger using a large number of drones (automation - computer controlled).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The the drones are the same but vary in size. The drones have a main gun which has a strength requirement of 20. Each meets this strength requirement.

In an encounter he had 8 of these drones clamped to his armour and fired them at the same time. The drone can handle the blast and stay clamped to the armour but the PC is not. I figured that the shot would cause him to be pushed back. I figured the strength requirement to fire them all would be 85.

I did this by STR 20 can lift 400kg, 8 x 400 = 3200kg. It takes STR 85 to lift this.

PC had strength 35. I had him take damage (normal) and knockback for the difference (10DC Normal, using only personal PD to defend).

Do people think I did this correctly or is their a better way to do it?

Certanly not. You looked it up wrong:

3.200 kg is STR 35.

85 STR is 3.2 kilotons or 3,200 tons or 3,200,000 kg

And I am not even certain you should add them togehter and am pretty certain having to few STR just means an OCV penalty.

Rule-technically that was a "Combined Attack".

Another matter relating to the drones. The PC wants to give the Drones standing orders.

1) If drone attacked but do risk damage use Stunning Weapons.

2) If drone attacked with weapons capable of its destruction, use Killing Weapons.

3) If lose signal from Rigger continue current orders for 1 hour then return to rally point or home base if rally point not set.

The Computer has Intelligence of 28 - can run 6 programs at once.

The drones have programs to moniter its status, attack target and travel from point A to B. It has the relavent skills to do these task.

Should I allow these standing orders to exist or do I need to have him make them as a program - Operational Protocols? Also should the computer be allowed to change which program it has running to accomplish requested task, should this be a Int roll or as it falls into Operational Protocols should he do it as standard?

Modifiing the running programms is the job of someone with computer programming. With that INT it would be easy to havee all the programs he needs runnig at once.

Something I have been working on is that the Rigger uses Mind Link (Encrypted Communication) in conjuction with Speed Reading x1000 for burst communications to communicate with the Drones. The Drones can only communicate with the PC and not with each other or any other outside system.

How to I break into this communication?

1) Considered using Flash relating to Encrypted Communications (Mind Link) to disrupt the signal.

2) Using Detect to Detect the signals.

3) Using Mind Scan to locate the computer then Mind Control to Hack into and control it. (The problem is that the player says that the Mind Link is limited to between him and the drones - Disadvantage only with those who have same mind link) How do i replicate the PC Mind Link without first hacking his brain to get the info?

Telephaty can tap into a Mind Link, no matter how many of few particpants.

Also, what Sense Group is this Midn Link based on? Radio or Mental? (I think the first, but want to be sure).

By the way:

When you have the APG I, there is also a "Posession Power". Might be ideal if he ever want's to "jump into" his drones as Riggers in Shadowrun

Re: A Cyberpunk Rigger using Drones, Some Questions about it.

Good day.

As a quick note, Kazei 5 from BlackWyrm might help you out a lot with some of this.