Almanacs?

Guest hero_fan

Guest hero_fan

Hi everyone!

This is my first post to here and I'd like to tell you about my first experience of the Hero System - which wasn't very long time ago? I really loved the game and I'm going to get more of those intresting resource books as soon as I'm able to. So far I have only played the hero Fantasy but I can tell it's one of the most fantastic roleplaying games I have ever played.

But I do have a question for you guys. As I have searched for those books I have found two books called Almanac 1 and 2. They seemed to belong in the same system as this amazing product made by the Herogames, but yet I have not discovered any info about them from here. Neither have I found any information about them from anywhere in the net.

The only thing I have found about them is their names. So could you give me a little help here? Do these books really exist and if they do, do they belong to the Herogames product list? And what is their content?

More specifically, they were printed for earlier versions of the game and might not be all that useful to you now in the 5th Edition paradigm -- they may just confuse you and of course there will be discrepencies due to versioning.

Really all you need is the main 5th Edition rule book (the big black one w/ green logo). Then, if you are interested in a particular genre consider picking up the genre books appropriate to them (currently there are 5th Edition genre books for Fantasy, Superheroes, and SciFi with more to come in the future).

I can honestly and largely without reservation recommend every 5th Edition product to date.

The Online Store or you your local game store are good places to start.

nope you dont need them

The great thing about hero system is that when you buy the 5th edition book you have everything you need to build and play in all settings and genre's. All of the other books are basically short cut books. They describe the conventions of particular similar genre's like fantasy or sci fi or even martial arts. The others are compiled abilities created using the 5th edition hero rules and are designed to be quick easy already premade stuff built with the system.

Fantasy Hero describes how to create run and play in a fantasy setting and the general and common setting niche's they use.

While Fantasy Hero Grimoure is a big book of spells at are premade and can be selected and used in fantasy games requiring little or no modification to adapt to individual settings.

Until SuperPowers Database is a compilations of super powers that can be selected and used to easily create super powered hero's and villians.

Hero system puts out this line of books to make it a lil easier for some people or to give them something to look at and think about or just for those of us who are feeling lazy or wasted their time posting on the message boards instead of working on the bad guys for their next adventure.:rolleyes:

In summation you do not need any of these other books because all the things these books can do can be done just with the basic book. Theyre nice to have though.:D

cutsleeve hugs his FRed. Fifth Rules edition.