Car Sidecrash

Dr Divago

Hi all

i'm in a situation where a chasing car is attacking PC's car and trying to sidecrash them then push over a cliff. You know, the classic movie situation where enemies' car flank good guy's car and then hit on the flank just to push them off road

i'm figuring how can i create this situation in Hero rules?

first i thought about a Move By and using knockback rules, but relative velocity is almost 0 so technically speaking there is no damage. Plus, knockback could be very low with ton-heavy cars

then i thought about a shove action, i mean a STR vs STR between attacking car and defending car, and results is in sidestrafe. However, shove does'nt produce damage to veichles

so... what's the rule for it?

i posted here and not in "6ed rules" question because is more a "how to" question than a technical one...

Re: Car Sidecrash

You want to have both move effect and Damage (posibilly to both vehicles).

I think you missed one part regardign relative velocity:

While they truly have no difference in forward movement, once the one rams the other they do have a difference in sideways Velcoity (one moving not to the side, the other moving somewhat to the side).

To keep it simple, I would allow the Rammign driver to dedicate his some of his movement into relative velocity for a ramming maneuver (move through or by). If he succeds, the other car is of the road. If he fails he had less movement that phase to keep up with his quarry, wich means it get's away (because it didn't wasted movement in a rammign maneuver). This also means the ramming car has to be faster than the one being rammed.