So, anybody got any Opium?

CorPse

Write-ups, of course!

I can't remember if Opium has appeared in any of the many Hero System books or the many Pulpy Hero Plus Adventures...

Please point me in the right direction. (Sadly this is one of the few, and I mean very few, pulpish things that does not grace the pages of Pulp Hero.)

One of the character in my game is going to be ex-addict. It would be such a shame if some Oriental Mastermind-type fellow tied him up and say, forced him to smoke a bit for old times' sake.

That just wouldn't be nice at all. :eg:

Re: So, anybody got any Opium?

The only related sources I can find are 4e.

There was a system for handling drug addiction in An Eye For An Eye (Dark Champions). It was based on Physical and Psychological Limitations, with Ego rolls involved in giving up. It was too long to quote in full.

I have a vague memory of the effects of alcohol being quantified somewhere, but I can't think where it would be. If such a thing did exist, it could be used as a model for Opium's effects.

There is a section on Venoms and Diseases in Hero System Almanac 1. The poisons there work as Drains on various characteristics. This would be how I would model the short term effects of Opium, with these effects gradually reversing as the drug wears off.

Unless you have access to these sources, google the effects of opium and how addiction works, and make something up. ;)

Actually, I missed the most obvious source, which is in Hero System Almanac 2. Steve Peterson wrote an article on "Drugs and Poisons".

It has stats for a range of different drugs. Weirdly, it omits Opium and Heroin.

Interesting. Still having a look at those could give me some ideas. I should probably see if there's anything in 5E Dark Champions.

In the end you're right, though, I little build for Opium shouldn't be too hard to create.

Danger International had a section on drugs and poisons' date=' which should be easily converted even though it's from many editions ago. If I'm not mistaken, it has heroin if not opium. I'm not sure where I put mine though...[/quote']

Nice, an excuse to crack open DI!