One Page Dungeon: The Lanisha Crisis

AlHazred

So, there's this One Page Dungeon Contest they've been doing for four years now. I entered last year with a fantasy entry, but this year I'm running Traveller Hero so I wanted to do a One Page scenario I could actually use. I had this idea last year, but of course I didn't work on it until a week before the due date. I figured I'd post it here; sorry if it feels rushed.

Here's the link to my submission, the Lanisha Crisis. I've made some additional materials, which I've posted to my generic gaming blog here and here. I plan to make a Classic Traveller style deckplan as well. Comments would be welcome.

Re: One Page Dungeon: The Lanisha Crisis

There's limits to how much you can fit on a single page.. I was hoping to hint at behind-the-scenes stuff without actually coming out and saying it. Hence the Marquis' business card, stacks of cash, and the way the news article "ends" as it runs off the page.

Well, I haven't looked at all the entries yet, but I have to say "The Lanisha Crisis" is the best one I've seen so far. As usual, many of the entries just are not very inspired, and of those that are interesting, the visuals aren't always as evocative or professional as they could be.

As I generally take away at least one thing (be it inspiration, a cool trope, or even just an evocative name) from almost all of the entries, I will take that as very high praise indeed! Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Winners have been announced. Head over to the website to check them out.

I really thought I had a shot this year, as graphic design has had a big impact in previous years. Ah well. It would help if I knew what was bad about my entry so I could do something more winnable next year, but everybody just says "It's great" and leaves it at that.