Darklenz Character Advice

StormK

Okay, it's been a while for me but I had to come here for help.

I am trying to create a character called Darklenz and he is essentially a Hulk-type multi-form character. The story is that an alien artifact known as the Shard of the Darklenz has embedded itself in our hero's chest and it gives him the ability to transform into a hybrid half-human half-niberian. Like Ben Ten he retains his personality and memories as well as having full control of himself. Unlike Ben Ten, the Shard is actually an advanced alien intellect bent on using Earth and all of humanity to resurrect the extinct Niburu race. This intellect is evil and manipulative and has yet to reveal itself to our hero.

While in human form he is completely in control of himself. While in Niburu form the shard can influence him toward violence, rage, and may even be able to take possession of him.

So the dilemma: How to represent the shard in his two forms?

He is meant to be a Hulk/ Wolverine clone but only in his alien form. He has a number of disadvantages in his hero form should the susceptibility to the Shard's influence be a disad only to his multi form or does it need to be represented in both forms because it is essentially an NPC?

His human form will be created as a normal human, but his hero form will be 300 pts with 150 disads.

Help is greatly appreciated...:king:

Re: Darklenz Character Advice

This could actually work simply with OIAID. He could be closer to Captain Marvel than Hulk.

Some question to check first:

Does his Civil ID have any abilities his Hulked out version has not?

Is the powerlevel of his Civial ID similar or extremely weaker than his Hulked out form? (power can also mean more skills or access to usefull allies/followers).

Are there other Complciations both sides don't share, aside from thos tendency to evil?

How strong is that tendency/will it become?

My concept is that he is a normal human kid (around 100 points), but in his "Hero" form he is about 450 points (including 150 complication points).

The influence of the Darklenz is such that he can't really "hear" it in his human form but when he changes, his brainwaves change frequency or something and he is now able to "hear" the whisperings of the Darklenz. He thinks they are his own thoughts. Also he is prone to have a more aggressive attitude and he is easier to provoke in his alternate form. He does have the same personality and consciousness, however. Whereas Hulk and Banner do not share the same memories, my concept is more like when someone is drunk and they have a slight personality shift. When the awake the next day, they may wonder why they did the dumb things they did the previous night but it is not a multiple personality thing...

Eventually as he transforms more and more, he will begin to rewrite his human DNA and the alien code will "bleed" into his human form. Once this starts to happen he will find it difficult to control his rage even in human form. He will have to make will checks to maintain control, and eventually the Darklenz may be able to take possession of him for short periods of time...

My concept is that he is a normal human kid (around 100 points)' date=' but in his "Hero" form he is about 450 points (including 150 complication points).[/quote']

This is why I think OIAID works better - he only gains powers by this transform. He still has full access to his child forms powers (as little as they are).

The trick that he only has certain Complications is HID is simply made - just reduce the frequency by one step and write it into the Notes wich one affects him only in Heroic ID. You are done. I am doing something similar right now with a Heroette.

However, considering the astronomic discrepancy between both forms, I have to wonder if the child will even be a viable form to adventure. Aside from hiding in plain sight, he is practically useless at 100 points in a 450 point game.

Billy Batson was a Reporter most of the time, so his child form might have Contacts, Resources and Interaction Skills. Maybe he even had Skill Levels because "he is only a child", so what is the worst that can happen if I tell him?

Bruce Banner might not have had the Strenght of the Hulk, but he had a lot more Knowedlge then is commonly known. From Wikipedia:

As Bruce Banner, he is considered one of the greatest minds on Earth. He has developed expertise in the fields of biology, chemistry, engineering, and physiology, and holds a Ph.D. in nuclear physics. He possesses "a mind so brilliant it cannot be measured on any known intelligence test."[61] Bruce Banner also makes use of his intelligence to create highly advanced technology labelled as "Bannertech", which is on par with technological development from Tony Stark or Doctor Doom. The most common Bannertech Bruce uses is a force field able to shrug off blows from Hulk-level entities, along with a teleporter, which can be used to transport an unknown number of people. Bannertech is also used by Amadeus Cho, as well as the Hulk persona itself.

You should try to get closer to heroic levels in child form. I could see him having more interaction skills, simply because his Darklens form does not even "thinks" about talking stuff through, instead of smashing.

Lack of Complications might also be a power to some extend, but overall you should consider what you can give the child form to make it worthwhile. Multiform is in many ways like a limitation: You can bet that there will be scenes or even an adventure where Darklenz is powerless to help, because you ask the GM for it by taking Multiform.