Dancing Diamonds (5threv)

Hello All,

I wrote up this power for Diamond (of the Geodesics) awhile back using Change Enviroment, and would like a review of it. The idea of the power comes from the picture of Diamond in Enemies II. He is shown with a couple of diamonds close to him. So, the idea is that he can form multiple diamnds (of energy) and they can move and swirl about him thus making it harder for someone to hit him do to the distraction, but if they make their PER roll or use senses other than sight, then it does nothing to the attacker.

Here it is:

Dancing Diamonds; Change Effect (5 pts), 2" radius-total (5 pts), -2 OCV (10 pts), Multiple combat effects (5 pts), -2 PER (6 pts) No Effect if PER Roll made or uses PER other than sight.

Real cost 28 pts END 3.

So what do you think?

As usual, thanks in advance!

Re: Dancing Diamonds (5threv)

What is that OCV penalty? The Increased Range Modifier, or some custom Combat Effect?

How should this power behave if somebody targets him with a Area of Effect?

If nothing, +2 DCV wiht -1/4 Limitation might be better.

Edit: as thsi is for 5E, repalce DCV with "CSL for DCV", the same thing used for permanent Shrunk characters.

The -2 OCV is not a range penalty, it goes striaght to OCV. And as for area effect I can see that it has no effect on it. But on the other hand, I can visualize the effect of the diamonds distracting you that may still not be able to hit the precise area that you intended. And for the using DCV instead, thanks but I knew that trick already and had a version written up for it, but I think change enviroment would work just as well.

The -2 OCV is not a range penalty' date=' it goes striaght to OCV. And as for area effect I can see that it has no effect on it. But on the other hand, I can visualize the effect of the diamonds distracting you that may still not be able to hit the precise area that you intended. And for the using DCV instead, thanks but I knew that trick already and had a version written up for it, but I think change enviroment would work just as well.[/quote']

I think CE can do it (if you count the Attack Roll as a Characteristics Roll).

I think CE can do it (if you count the Attack Roll as a Characteristics Roll).

Not following why I should count the attack roll as a characteristic roll? In fifth, OCV/DCV is not a characteristic, but it is listed seperately for change enviroment. Btw, it occured to me that I believe the reason its listed as a negative OCV versus a positive DCV is that the rule for change enviroment only grants negative modifiers, and as you mentioned mechanically it is the same.