The Laundry Knights

Laundry Knight

Introduction

The campaign I am creating is based upon a series of short stories that I have written and am writing. If I ever get a revision, I would even like to get them published someday. The first story written was called "A Night at the Laundry." The name of short story series, my campaign, and my username are really just a play on words of my first short story.

Anyway, once I started getting interested in Champions, I decided I wanted make my stories the main focus of my campaign along with amalgamations from the Champion, DC, and Marvel universes as well as throw in some things that I think would be interesting in a RPG that would not be interesting, or legal, is a series of short stories I would like to have published.

Up 'til now, I have been spreading my campaign building questions in various thread, but now, I would like to start incorporating them in a singular thread. I will also use this thread to share other campaign based decisions with any that may be interested.

Re: The Laundry Knights

My biggest issues are those that occur from switching entertainment media causes. Most of my characters have been created in various short stories and many of their powers, abilities, and complications were defined to plug story holes without any consideration of how those plugs would be written up in game mechanical form.

Take Crimson Aura as an example. She is a Green Lantern-type with limited telepathy. Some of the specific powers and usages I came up for her was to solve story problems. When I first introduced her to one of my other main characters named Captain Spectacular, they were both in their secret ID at an all night laundromat. Cap notices Aura stuffing her heroic uniform into a washer, but he was too much of a boyscout to reveal that he noticed which left me with the problem of how to get them talking in a way that they would reveal their IDs to one another; so, I gave her the ability to read surface thoughts, I had her drop her roll of quarters on the rolling spilling them on the ground, Cap helps her gather her quarters, and out embarrassment and infatuation, she accidentally reveal information that could only have gotten from reading his mind; therefore, letting the cat out of the bad and becoming a vehicle for further conversation.

I wrote that long before I bought into Champions, and I had to figure out how to model that using the Hero System. Fortunately, that proved easy enough once I read about telepathy and the appropriate limitations and advantages to make it work.

What I would like to do is present excerpts from my stories and see how experienced hero players would interpret them.