The Man-Thing

Alcibiades

I always loved those weird 70s Marvel Comics (Ghost Rider, Rom, Werewolf by Night) and especially Man-Thing. So I've been trying to come up with an homage.

The thing is, I'm not sure how to build him. Especially because those plant-manipulation powers seem to cost an absurd amoutnt for the effect.

Any ideas? Has anybody done this?

EDIT: whoops this should probably have been in the Champions forum...

I'm not overly familiar with the character but a good starting point would be to describe what he can do in normal terms.  We can then help translate that into HERO.

A build consideration....

Instead of focusing on 'plant control' think about the mechanics of gaining Growth and/or Stretching abilities when near other plants to describe his abilities.

Since I'm making an homage character rather than an exact duplicate, how would you do:

1) Plant control, animal summoning (only swamp animals, requires being in a swamp or swamp animals otherwise being nearby)

2) Ability to change area into a swamp, complete with alligators etc.

I'm not sure what kind of Change Environment effects would be required to change an area into a swamp

I assume the second ability would be something like Variable Limitations (OIF (plants of opportunity)/Summoned Being Must Inhabit Locale or Linked with Change Environment)

EDIT: For an instance of "expensive beyond value" -- summoning a couple of alligators from the Bestiary that are Fantically Loyal is creepily expensive.

Changing an area into an actual swamp would be "expensive beyond value", as that would require a transform. However making a limited area more "swamplike" is doable if you define what the GAME EFFECTS of swamp land are.

Its boggy, so possible a CE with - Running

Swamp Denizens can be a special effect of a Blast (Indirect, Reduced Penetration). You dont have to have full blown alligators if all you want them to do in game terms is bite people.

Tangling Vines might be bought as an Entangle.

And Etc. Etc. Just think about what effect the power will have on a character in the game and then use the appropriate swamp motif as the sfx.