Terracide Marathon Free Station question

Theros

I am starting up Terracide campaign. I have read through station (asteroid) description several times, but I have some difficulties to figure out floor plan of it.

Can someone draw rough picture from levels (how those are located), where the lake is inside the station and so on...

I'm currently working on the next edition of Terracide; hip-deep in converting all the starships to another game system and adding about a dozen new ones. So it'll probably be later, during the weekend. My previous attempts at creating such a map using computer graphics were a disaster -- I don't have the background for that sort of thing. So I'm going to try drawing it by hand instead.

OK, here's a (very) rough, quick and dirty sketch. Keep in mind this is a one-quarter cut-away, not the whole thing -- there's a thumbnail in the lower left showing which quarter you're looking at here. The other three quarters are just like this, but mirror images of it. If some details differ from the text, don't worry; this is the correct layout. If you have any further questions or need more details, let me know. (Not sure if the "plasma tube" was mentioned in the book, but I realized a light source was needed inside the habitat!)

MFS_zps3164e13a.jpg

The most *desirable* apartments are those on the inner walls, overlooking the parks and the lake, for obvious reasons. The other walls overlook agricultural fields, but they all have ample room for living spaces.

The Warrens are basically "off the map." Many of the tunnels down there have been hollowed out without authorization, or even any real plan, and nobody has a complete map of them. There are hundreds, possibly thousands of miles of tunnels in the Warrens, and an unknown population living there.

Edited to add: I think I've confused the issue by using the term "outer wall" differently on the map and in the book. I'm at work now and don't have a copy of Terracide with me. However, I'm pretty sure that in the book "outer wall" referred to walls on either side of the agricultural caverns, not the outer (space-side) surface of the asteroid. That wouldn't be a safe place to put living quarters!

I'll edit the map after work Wednesday. My bad.

(Sorry, but Awesome Gamer Girl wasn't feeling well tonight; had to go and look in on her.)

Thanks, BlueCloud2k2.

I took a bit of inspiration from gurps: Transhuman Space and assumed that lots of different types of space habitats would be in use. A number of them are in systems with active flare stars, so asteroid habitats make a lot of sense for those cases; they've got tons of built-in shielding. Not much of a view, though. Not everyone wants to travel across light-years of space just to hide in a cave; so in many systems O'Neill type colonies are also quite popular.

As you wanted to know what kind of campaign I am GMing. I can reveal rough plot line in here, more detailed if someone wants to know in PM

Characters are in my case premade. They serve TGO, some are more and some less loyal. There Combat Medic, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, High Tech Mechanic, Spec Ops military soldier and Agent.

Campaign starts in the situation where ships have been attacked around space. Some ships have been destroyed, some are floating in space without crew. Ships are transportation and military vessels.

Characters have lost their spaceship, "Sarah's Tears", which was old smuggling ship. Characters did escape using escape pod, but they were not able to recognize attacking ship. They did not have any cargo there.

Now they are travelling to Marathon Free Station where they will get job from TGO agent. TGO agent asks characters to do little bit investigation inside the station. After investigation there are decision to make. Should they go to abandoned space colony to see what is happening there, or should they go to space colony which haven't keep contact for 4 weeks.

Those both have places have something to do with these attacks.

When those places have been "investigated" characters will get clues from secret space station, that station is inhabitated by badly failed clone testing. Those clones are not human anymore...who has done that and why...information is in stations laboratory computer...then station should be destroyed...or should the players clear it and give it to TGO?

At that point ISTAR is going after PCs...they have now something that they want. PCs have now rough idea what might be behind those attacks, but why? They need to find "organization" behind attacks...PCs still might get in time to save people...it depends how fastly they went through first parts of the campaign...

this is very rough description from plot...