Adding Damage to STR & MA

CptPatriot

After reading up on Psylock, I was thinking to have my character, Psi-kick, a superheroic character, buy a power to function as a psi-weapon that would work with her martial arts.

I was trying to buy it as a Hand-To-Hand Attack with the Attack Versus Alternate Defense advantage(Mental Defense)

Now, assuming the following:

Strength 15

Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Mental Defense; +1) (40 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/4)

Offensive Strike which is also +4d6

Now, based on my understanding of the rules and using the chart on page 6E2 101, I add 3 DCs for the 15 STR and 4DCs for the martial maneuver for a total of 7 DCs which when applied to an advantaged Normal attack, in this case the Hand-To-Hand Attack, becomes 4d6 + 3.5d6 or 7.5d6.

Is this correct?

I am pretty sure AVAD counts as "Advantage that affects DC calculation (not looked).

Your "base attack" here is a 8 DC HTH-Attack. If you add 7 DC to it you end up at 15 DC. The DC/die Ratio is a rather straightforward 2/1.

At 15 DC this attack would roll 7.5d6. 15 DC might be to high as damge output for a Campaing (12-14 is the book sugested limit).

P.S.: One of the APG's has rules about using Alternative Characteristics to add Damage isntead of STR. If I remember right, wrtten somewher in the HKA Rules (but should apply to HTH-Attack as well).