Glyph of Warding

I want to allow a player to create a Glyph of Warding that basically sets a Rune on a surface with a Trigger (+1/4) that sets it off if any creature of small or larger size comes within 10m of the Rune. 

I want him to be able to use the power of another PCs (or one of his own) as the Glyph, rather then give the Glyph its own power. Basically, its like he set the Rune where he wants it and then the one with the power he wants to store in the Rune must be adjacent to it and this stored power becomes the triggered power when the Rune goes off.

Would a naked advantage Useable By Others (+1/4), Trigger (+1/4) on sufficient APs (90 in this case) to cover the powers in his party work? The UBO would allow the mage casting the Glyph to "give" the stored power of the PC both the trigger advantage and then let the Mage use it as his own (UBO), just long enough to set the Glyph.

So the Glyph has 45 AP in this case, right? It basically enhanced the PC's power which is to be stored in the Rune, making it UBO and giving it the Trigger advantage. 

Is there a cheaper way to do this, or a better way?

Is this how I should think about it or am I way off?

I have no problem with the PC doing this, I am just trying to make sure I score the point cost in a reasonable way. This makes his Glyphs more versatile (can pick any power in the party to store in it) and more fun for the group since they all can eventually have part in this, with their power being the one used.

Edited by TheRealDeal

I'd buy the Trigger as a Naked Advantage, then make Usable by Other an Advantage ON the Advantage. Basically, you're giving someone else the ability to use your Naked Trigger on their Power.

Lucius Alexander

And a Naked Palindromedary, but is that an Advantage?

Aid would also work on aiding another

the act of drawing the glyph would be the do it w/ out the trigger and allowing more to be added(your full 90 cp)

you can adjust the fade rate and use you power for something else as needed

the power Aid  could be made w/ any special FX

this would allow you to aid any power the target has

Aid 4d6, Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1) (60 Active Points)

now this maxes out at 24pts and would take 2 phases to max out

But after you did it you could aid somebody else or attack your foe w/ a different power

if you went w/ Useable by another the other is using your power to boost his ,but you are out of the fight unless you made it something you both could use(like Strength)

I think I understand why I was confused. What you are saying in itself I follow, but it seems to be somewhat off topic of what my original post was about. I am guessing you read one of my response posts where I mentioned cooperation between the mage and another PC and this may have been the reason for your mention of Aid.

My original post was asking for help on how to build a Glyph of Warding power that instead of using some set power that is always the same and triggers when a certain creature gets too close to the Glyph, it allows the one who sets the Glyph (the mage in this case) to store in it any power he or one of his PC allies has, up to 90 APs.

I was not certain if my approach (see the OP) was the best way to handle it.

The Palindromedary who uses Lucius as his mouthpiece gave me some good help on this already.

If your mention of Aid, Beast, was intended to answer my OP, then I guess I am still not sure how that would help in this case.