build me a satchel o' dynamite

Rebar

I'm building dynamite as equipment for my pulp campaign. This is for 5E. I'm getting practice after having been out for many years.

According to FREd (5th Ed) p333, dynamite is 5D6N Expl. (really? a stick of dynamite detonating in a normal's face won't even knock him unconscious?)

I want to add in the flash and boom elements, since this will be used underground a lot.

So my core is:

5D6N Expl

+ 2D6 Flash to sight Expl -1DC/4"

+ 2D6 Flash to Hearing Expl -1DC/8"

Questions:

- pile them all into a compound power, or separate and link them?

- can/do you link powers within a compound power?

- time delay (cut fuse) - do I apply the time delay to each power? (I can't apply Common lims on a Compound Power like I can on a Power Pool can I?)

- If so, is simply assumed that the time delay is the same for all powers?

- do I get to apply the no range lim? They have to be thrown, or run-away-from. Or I guess it's range-based-on-str isn't it?

- He'll have a satchel of them.

- I could buy the satchel as 16 charges,

or 

- I could simply buy them individually as x16 objects (a +20 adder). Of course, then I have to buy 0End. I guess the difference is whether - if they're snatched from him - he loses them all...

Make it 5DC Killing instead since 5d6N is for superhero feel where no one gets hurt. 

2d6 flash will only last 2 segments on average (flash works on the body of each 1d6 not the full roll) so either reduce the recovery time to per Phase instead of per Segment or add more flash. 2 segments will not even last long enough to reach most SPD 2-4 people's next Phase (since they have from 3-6 segments between phases).

Make it 5DC Killing instead since 5d6N is for superhero feel where no one gets hurt. 

2d6 flash will only last 2 segments on average (flash works on the body of each 1d6 not the full roll) so either reduce the recovery time to per Phase instead of per Segment or add more flash. 2 segments will not even last long enough to reach most SPD 2-4 people's next Phase (since they have from 3-6 segments between phases).

OK, good ideas. What do you think about some of the construct comments I made?

I might also buy Double Knockback for it, since thematically you expect dynamite to blow things back and a mere 1.5d6K (5 DC) will not knock anyone back most of the time, not even knock them down. Most will roll 3d6 vs the body of the damage to see if they get knockback (an extra 1d6 because it is killing, so from 2d6, the usual roll, to 3d6 because it is killing), so if you double the knockack, that is 11 then on average (since average of 1.5d6K is 5.5 Body) which happens to be just slightly over the average of 3d6 (10.5) so you will see knockdown and knockback around 50% of the time, which seems right to me.

Rebar I would link the flash to the killing attack. Without the dynamite going off, there is no flash and boom. You can build the flash to affect both sighht and hearing in one power.

I don't think dynamite is a KA, I think it's a normal attack - just a big one for Normals.

And, as I said, the reason I bought the two flashes separately, is because they'll have different radii. The deafening sound will carry much further than the blinding flash.

As for linking the Flash to the blast, well, that's what happens in a Compound power. They go off together.