Proposed Characters

Christopher R Taylor

Zoom, the final character build I have finished.  I had several other ideas, such as a flying speedster, a white witch, and a trick gunner (basically Green Arrow with guns) in mind, but they ended up either too complicated for a beginning character or just felt extraneous.  I kind of would like another, more classic mentalist but I'm not sure its really that demanded a character and 20 is an awful lot as is.

Difficulty: ***

Zoom is not the fastest man alive, but he’s really, really fast.  Able to run over mach 5 flat out, his reaction time is incredible.  In his day job, he’s a motivational and relationship troubleshooter radio talk show host.  Zooom strives to help everyone be their best wherever he goes.

21blmbo.jpg

Zoom.hdc

If I may offer a few thoughts--

Having seen part of Zoom, I do like the Princess character.  Your take on her is interesting--she reminds me of the Babydoll character from Batman: The Animated Series.  Is her condition part of the physiological aspect that grants her her powers, or something unrelated?

I'm not too crazy about the name Teeny, but I'm having problems coming up with anything better.  I thought of Mighty Mite as one alternative, and Super-Size for another, but those may not strike anyone's fancy, either.  Maybe someone else can provide a new name.

I was thinking perhaps, the trick gunner could be a trick slingshot artist; the advantage to that is he can carry all sorts of specialized ammo on his belt and in pouches attached to his costume--and if he should run out of ammo, he can always grab a small rock or bottlecap or any other item of opportunity which happens to be lying around.  You could call him The Menace--although I suspect anyone under thirty would have a hard time picking up on the reference. 

(Yes--I'm old. :mellow:)

I was also thinking that the mentalist could be something like a psychic Batman--he (she?) would have a limited form of clarisentience that enables him to read into the past of a particular scene (standing in for deduction and forensic observation), and the ability to tell if someone's lying.  Perhaps even a psychic attack to make up for a lack of HTH combat ability.

Once again, Good Job on the characters you've drawn up here.  Hope my advice has helped.

I haven't put that much thought into Princess, probably just a side effect of her mutation, as they aren't all positive.  The main reason I stopped making guys here is that I didn't want to overwhelm people with a huge fat book of characters.  I'm concerned 20 might be too many as is, and am looking at possibly paring some back (like LaPanthere, there's an awful lot of martial artists, and the usual mix of female to male gamers is like 1:3 or lower).