V. Leap (2") 2"
Flight 10" [80" NC]
APPEARANCE
Hair Color:  Black
Eye Color:  Grey
Height:  1.90 m
Weight:  90.00 kg
Description:
Flowing black hair, steel grey eyes, chissled physique, and a look of grim determination. Dressed in magestic black and purple, his cape flowing like his hair, Reign looks more the part of a classic superhero than the villain he is.

DEFENSES
Type Amount Notes
Physical Defense 10/25 Current BODY:
Res. Phys. Defense 0/15  
Energy Defense 10/25 Current END:
Res. Energy Defense 0/15  
Mental Defense 8 Current STUN:
Power Defense 0  
COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV: 7 DCV: 7

Combat Skill Levels:
COMBAT MANEUVERS
Maneuver Phase OCV DCV Effect
Block 1/2 +0 +0 Block, abort
Brace 0 +2 1/2 +2 vs. Range Mod.
Disarm 1/2 -2 +0 Can disarm
Dodge 1/2 -- +3 Abort, vs. all attacks
Grab 1/2 -1 -2 Grab two limbs
Grab By 1/2 -3 -4 Move and Grab
Haymaker 1/2* +0 -5 +4 DC attack damage
Move By 1/2 -2 -2 STR/2 + v/5
Move Through 1/2 -v/5 -3 STR + v/3
Set 1 +1 +0 Ranged Attacks only
Strike 1/2 +0 +0 STR or weapon
COMBAT MODIFIERS
Range 0-4 5-8 9-16 17-32 33-64 65-128
RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

POWERS
Cost  Power END
27 Electrical Sensitivity: Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees)
30 Riding the Wind: Flight 10", x8 Noncombat 3
5 Supreme Confidence: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Defensive (-1)
5 Supreme Will: Mental Defense (8 points total)
8 Weather Resistant: LS (Extended Breathing; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum)
40 Weather Shield: FF (15 PD/15 ED) (Protect Carried Items) 4
75 Weather Control: Multipower, 75-point reserve
4u
1) Call the Lighting: RKA 4d6, Indirect ( Always comes from the Sky; +1/4) (75 Active Points); Only Works During Storms (-1)
5u
2) Chain Lightning: EB 7d6, Area Of Effect (8" Cone; +1) (70 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)
1u
3) Charged Up: HA +4d6 (20 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)
5u
4) Electrical Field: RKA 1d6, Penetrating (+1/2), Damage Shield (Offensive; +3/4), Continuous (+1) (49 Active Points)
4u
5) Exposure: Change Environment 4" radius, +4 Points of Damage, Varying Combat Effects (45 Active Points)
4u
6) Freezing Rain: Change Environment 4" radius, -4 to Normal Sight PER Rolls, -1 Temperature Level Adjustment, -3 to DEX rolls for movement, Multiple Combat Effects (43 Active Points)
4u
7) Hurricane Gust: Telekinesis (50 STR) (75 Active Points); Only to Push Away (-1)
4u
8) Leaves in the Tempest: UBO for Flight, Usable Simultaneously (up to 16 people at once; +1 1/4) (37 Active Points)
5u
9) Lightning Bolt: EB 10d6 (50 Active Points)
3u
10) Lightning Rod: RKA 2d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1) (67 Active Points); Only Works During Storms (-1), No Range (-1/2)
6u
11) Thunderclap: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 60 Real Cost) EB 3d6, NND (+1) (30 Active Points) (Real Cost: 30) plus Hearing Group Flash 10d6 (Real Cost: 30)
14 Encrypted Radio Link: Mind Link , Human class of minds, Specific Group of Minds, Any distance, No LOS Needed, Number of Minds (x8) (40 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1), IAF (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)
249 Total Powers Cost
TALENTS
Cost  Name
3 Bump Of Direction
3 Environmental Movement (Horrid Weather)
6 Total Talents Cost

SKILLS
Cost  Name
3 Analyze: Combat 13-
3 Breakfall 13-
3 Concealment 13-
3 Conversation 13-
3 KS: Weather 13-
2 Language: Latin (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)
0 Language: English (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
3 Oratory 13-
3 Paramedics 13-
3 Persuasion 13-
3 Shadowing 13-
3 Stealth 13-
3 Tactics 13-
3 Teamwork 13-
38 Total Skills Cost

DISADVANTAGES
Cost  Disadvantage
15 Hunted: Law Enforcement Agencies 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15 Psychological Limitation: Arrogant (Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Fascinated by Storms (Uncommon, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Hunting: The PCs (Uncommon, Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: "Loves" Gloria Ein (Common, Strong)
20 Psychological Limitation: Loyal to Deep Purple (Common, Total)
10 Psychological Limitation: Loyal to rest of Purple Gang (Common, Moderate)
15 Social Limitation: Secret ID: Joshua Newland (Frequently, Major)
5 Susceptibility: Giving Information about Deep Purple, 1d6 damage Instant (Uncommon)
35 NPC Bonus
150 Total Disadvantages Cost
Height: 1.90 m Hair: Black
Weight: 90.00 kg Eyes: Grey
Appearance: Flowing black hair, steel grey eyes, chissled physique, and a look of grim determination. Dressed in magestic black and purple, his cape flowing like his hair, Reign looks more the part of a classic superhero than the villain he is.
Personality: Reign firmly believes in rule by merit -- absolute rule by the most able and most powerful. He also firmly believes in his own power, and in the intelligent, ability, and power of Deep Purple. He believes that they are destined to rule by right of their supreme merit. In this, he is not so far from Deep Purple. Where they differ, however, is in their view of the rest of humanity. Reign has little use for anyone who has not proven himself worthy, and most people are little more than peons to him, to be used if they submit, or swatted aside like bugs if they annoy him. He feels very deeply that he and Gloria are worthy of one another, and that their marriage would be a prefect continuation of her father's mission. So far, she has shown no sign of returning those feelings.
Quote:"Surrender, or be defeated. Your only choice is in how much you suffer."
Background: There's not much in Jushua Newland's early life to explain his massive arrogance, or his massive disdain for humanity. He grew up in Oklahoma, the heart of tornado country, watching the skies for hours on end whenever he had the chance. He was been fascinated by weather his entire life. It called to him, made his heart race and his spirits soar. He was a good student and an accomplished athlete. Then came the night his first girlfriend left him. Heartbroken and enraged, he drove out into the countryside, and into a growing storm. His car hydroplaned into a ditch, and in his irrational state, he walked out into a field. As he stood there in the driving rain, soaked, staring up at the sky, he felt his connection with the storm like never before. Its rage and his rage became as one, and the power filled him.
Powers/Tactics: Reign easily posseses the most raw power of any member of the Purple Gang, and more raw power than most of his opponents. He knows this, and, prefers to overwhelm the opposition as quickly as possible, before they can regroup or form a counter-tactic. If Reign has any weakness, it is his arrogance. He is utterly confident in his power and skill, and thus is slower to recognize a bad situation than his tactical abilities would otherwise indicate. He may not realize that he is matched against a foe with abilities that bypass his raw power until he's in trouble.
Campaign Use: Deep Purple's field lieutenant and proxy. Standard practice is for Reign to only get involved if absolutely necessary, instead hanging back and directing the fight from a distance. This gives the impression that Reign is the leader and mastermind of the Purple Gang, and always leaves the team with an escape option if necessary.
Character created with Hero Designer(version 2.0_RC3)

Character and All Original Content Copyright KWG, Permission Given for Personal Use Only

Originally posted by Kristopher

It's buried in the background text, but Violet isn't written up as a character the PCs ever fight in the field. She's there for story reasons, not combat reasons. Her existence and origin tell us something about Deep Purple.

I understood that. But by assigning her a supervillain name (Ultraviolet) you've denied yourself use of that name for an active combat team supervillain. You did say you were having trouble coming up with a villain name for a team brick?

Violet could still be an interesting character. She could even be someone one of the hero team is dating; either spying on the heroes to help daddy or subtly helping the heroes against daddy for her own reasons. (Perhaps she plans to allow her father to seize control of the world first and then overthrow him in a coup. A father like Reign is not likely to raise a wallflower as a daughter...) :cool:

OK, right. I see what you were saying.

To be honest, she was something that popped into my head in the depths of the AM while I was working on the characters I had planned from the beginning. The backstory, the origin, her mother's name, everything. **poof**

I *could* leave her intact, and just pull the code names off, and use one for the brick they're missing.

PS: Reign isn't her father. He's the weather manipulating field general for the team. Her father is the as-of-yet unposted Deep Purple.

Personally I don't think they need a brick. They are missing some other conventions: Gadgeteer, Speedster, Alien, etc. Garnet makes a good pocket brick, IMO. :)

And I like Violet; she makes a nice 'second in command'. I can see her doing some negotiations, meeting with other people, perhaps being the Face and the Voice of Deep Purple. I like 'er. :)

You've done a good job so far. o

OK, right. I see what you were saying.

To be honest, she was something that popped into my head in the depths of the AM while I was working on the characters I had planned from the beginning. The backstory, the origin, her mother's name, everything. **poof**

I *could* leave her intact, and just pull the code names off, and use one for the brick they're missing.

PS: Reign isn't her father. He's the weather manipulating field general for the team. Her father is the as-of-yet unposted Deep Purple.

My mistake. Based on what I've seen, Deep Purple's daughter still wouldn't be a wallflower (Can you imagine Dr. Doom's child being a wimp? No way.). She might be almost as dangerous as her old man. :)

If you're still looking for another purple-themed name, might I suggest amethyst; a semiprecious stone consisting of a violet or purple variety of quartz.

Originally posted by Trebuchet

My mistake. Based on what I've seen, Deep Purple's daughter still wouldn't be a wallflower (Can you imagine Dr. Doom's child being a wimp? No way.). She might be almost as dangerous as her old man. :)

If you're still looking for another purple-themed name, might I suggest amethyst; a semiprecious stone consisting of a violet or purple variety of quartz.

As Rechan pointed out, I have Garnet on the team already. Plus, one of my old Champs GMs has a "Lady Amethyst" in his gallery of villainous NPCs. Thank you, though.

And no, she's not a wimp. :cool:

By the way, I've been meaning to ask. Is there a "Purple Gang" in the official CU? Someone's comment earlier in the thread had me wondering.

There's the New Purple Gang, a group in MC who's basicly a street gang with hightech weapons. So instead of gang bangers with 9mms, they have pulse rifles and such.

Originally posted by Rechan

There's the New Purple Gang, a group in MC who's basicly a street gang with hightech weapons. So instead of gang bangers with 9mms, they have pulse rifles and such.

That sounds like something that might be a front for someone else. Or a splinter group used as a confusing distraction. Hmmmm...

WARNING: SPOILERS! AVOID, AVOID AVOID (This means you, Bill).

The New Purple Gang is lead by Kevin Poe. Kevin Poe is the son of Sebastian Poe, a powerful mentalist who used to run Psi in MC. Kevin is not gifted with super powers, but his father experimented with a syrum that would increase intelligence, and he believed would open the door for psychic powers. Unfortuantely things went bad.

Kevin Poe is a teenager. And I'm thinking Kevin could very well be Deep Purple's son, or a relative of DP. Eh, eh? :cool:

Tangential spoilers?

DP wouldn't put his own son in that kind of situation. If nothing else, it's too direct a connection for police or heroes to follow up on.

However, he is the sort to have provided such a serum to the father, and then equipment to the son. Through two different intermediaries.

BEGONE Bill.

Here's what I have set up: In my game, there are threads about families who have superpowers in their bloodlines. One PC is part of a bloodline that believes that those powers should be hidden and not used. Another PC is looking for his mother, who abandoned him because she had powers, and didn't want him to live the life she was. A third PC has powers mysteriously.

Now, my thinking is that the second PC is family to another bloodline. One who is perfectly willing to use those powers for gain, be it political, criminal, etc. And part of that is not only the New Purple Gang (the gangsters with Kevin, who is a relative) but Deep Purple, who is recruiting and indoctrinating youngins into the field. The Royale Purples (This group you're working on n.n) I think make a great recon/observation/cleanup crew. Considering how they all have stealth, shadowing, bugging, other such nicities, not to mention Purple Haze.

But enough about that. ;)

Combat Information Page

Character Name: Purple Agent

Alternate Identities: {varies}

Player Name: NPC

attachment.php?s=&postid=101723
CHARACTERISTICS CHARACTER IMAGE
Val Char Base Points Total Roll Notes
15 STR 10 5 15 12- HTH Damage 3d6 END [1]
14 DEX 10 12 14 12- OCV 5 DCV 5
15 CON 10 10 15 12-
10 BODY 10 0 10 11-
13 INT 10 3 13 12- PER Roll 12-
10 EGO 10 0 10 11- ECV: 3
13 PRE 10 3 13 12- PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6
10 COM 10 0 10 11-

5 PD 3 2 5/13   5/13 PD (0/8 rPD)
5 ED 3 2 5/13   5/13 ED (0/8 rED)
3 SPD 2.4 6 3   Phases: 4, 8, 12
6 REC 6 0 6  
30 END 30 0 30  
26 STUN 26 0 26    
6" Running 6 0 6"    
2" Swimming 2 0 2"    
3"/1 1/2"" Leaping 3 0 3" 43 Total Characteristics Points
EXPERIENCE POINTS
Total earned: 0
Spent: 0
Unspent: 0
Base Points: 75
Disad Points: 85
Total Points: 160
MOVEMENT
Type Total
Run (6) 6" [12" NC]
Swim (2) 2" [4" NC]
H. Leap (3") 3"
V. Leap (2") 1 1/2"
APPEARANCE
Hair Color:  varies
Eye Color:  varies
Height:  1.82 m
Weight:  82.00 kg
Description:
Black body armor trimmed in muted purple, with helmet and full facemask.

MARTIAL ARTS MANEUVERS
Cost  Maneuver
4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 5d6 Strike
4 Martial Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 30 STR vs. Grabs
4 Nerve Strike: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 2d6 NND
16 Total Martial Arts Cost

DEFENSES
Type Amount Notes
Physical Defense 5/13 Current BODY:
Res. Phys. Defense 0/8  
Energy Defense 5/13 Current END:
Res. Energy Defense 0/8  
Mental Defense 4 Current STUN:
Power Defense 0  
COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV: 5 DCV: 5

Combat Skill Levels: +1 with All Combat , +1 with Ranged Combat (5 Active Points); OAF (-1), w/ MultiBlaster only (-1/2)
COMBAT MANEUVERS
Martial Block 1/2 +2 +2 Block, Abort
Martial Strike 1/2 +0 +2 5d6 Strike
Martial Escape 1/2 +0 +0 30 STR vs. Grabs
Nerve Strike 1/2 -1 +1 2d6 NND
COMBAT MODIFIERS
RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

POWERS
Cost  Power END
25 Multiblaster: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1)
2u
1) Blaster: EB 8d6, 4 clips of 16 Charges (+1/4) (50 Active Points); OAF (-1)
1u
2) Fragmentation Grenades: RKA 2d6, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (45 Active Points); 2 Charges (-1 1/2), OAF (-1)
2u
3) Gas Grenades: EB 4d6, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), NND (+1) (50 Active Points); OAF (-1), 8 Charges (-1/2)
1u
4) Glue Grenades: Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF, Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4) (50 Active Points); 2 Charges (-1 1/2), OAF (-1), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4)
1u
5) Tazer Grenade: EB 5d6, NND (+1) (50 Active Points); 2 Charges (-1 1/2), OAF (-1)
2 MultiBlaster Scope: +1 with Ranged Combat (5 Active Points); OAF (-1), w/ MultiBlaster only (-1/2)
6 Gas Mask: LS (Self-Contained Breathing) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Hour (-1/4)
2 PsiShield: Mental Defense (4 points total); IIF (-1/4)
6 Purple Vision Goggles: (Total: 10 Active Cost, 6 Real Cost) UV Perception (Sight Group) (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 3) plus Sight Group Flash Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 3)
8 Radio Headset: HRRP (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
16 Uniform: Armor (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
72 Total Powers Cost

SKILLS
Cost  Name
8 +1 with All Combat
3 Breakfall 12-
3 Climbing 12-
3 Shadowing 12-
3 Stealth 12-
3 Teamwork 12-
6 Two of the Following Skills
Notes: Analyze: Combat, Computer Programming, Concealment, Demolitions, Disguise, Electronics, Lockpicking, Mimicry, Paramedics, Security Systems, Systems Operation, Tactics
29 Total Skills Cost

DISADVANTAGES
Cost  Disadvantage
20 Normal Characteristic Maxima
15 Hunted: Law Enforcement 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
10 Psychological Limitation: Dedicated to the Plan (Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Loyal to Deep Purple (Common, Strong)
15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)
10 Susceptibility: Giving information about Deep Purple, 2d6 damage Instant (Uncommon)
85 Total Disadvantages Cost
Height: 1.82 m Hair: varies
Weight: 82.00 kg Eyes: varies
Appearance: Black body armor trimmed in muted purple, with helmet and full facemask.
Personality: Money, a sense of purpose, or whatever else might motivated such a person.
Quote:"Alpha Five reporting. Objective secure, sir."
Background: Recruited for his skill, tenacity, and loyalty, a Purple Agent is well paid, well trained, and well treated.
Powers/Tactics: Well equiped with protective gear and a multipurpose rifle, Purple Agents are capable of holding their own against greater numbers, and more than able to take down careless or inexperienced sueprhumans. They strive for the kind of success rate and unit cohesion that would make special forces troops proud.
Campaign Use: The opening move. Backup. Distractions. But not cannon fodder.

Character and All Original Content Copyright KWG, Permission Given for Personal Use Only

Deep Purple

Combat Information Page

Character Name: Deep Purple

Alternate Identities: Victor Ein

Player Name: NPC

attachment.php?s=&postid=101723
CHARACTERISTICS CHARACTER IMAGE
Val Char Base Points Total Roll Notes
20 STR 10 10 20 13- HTH Damage 4d6 END [2]
20 DEX 10 30 20 13- OCV 7 DCV 7
20 CON 10 20 20 13-
15 BODY 10 10 15 12-
28 INT 10 18 28 15- PER Roll 15-
23 EGO 10 26 23 14- ECV: 8
23 PRE 10 13 23 14- PRE Attack: 4 1/2d6
12 COM 10 1 12 11-

10 PD 4 6 10/25   10/25 PD (0/15 rPD)
10 ED 4 6 10/25   10/25 ED (0/15 rED)
6 SPD 3.0 30 6   Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12
10 REC 8 4 10  
40 END 40 0 40  
40 STUN 35 5 40    
6" Running 6 0 6"    
2" Swimming 2 0 2"    
4"/2"" Leaping 4 0 4" 179 Total Characteristics Points
EXPERIENCE POINTS
Total earned: 306
Spent: 306
Unspent: 0
Base Points: 200
Disad Points: 200
Total Points: 706
MOVEMENT
Type Total
Run (6) 6" [12" NC]
Swim (2) 2" [4" NC]
H. Leap (4") 4"
V. Leap (2") 2"
APPEARANCE
Hair Color:  Brown
Eye Color:  Brown
Height:  1.90 m
Weight:  95.00 kg
Description:
Stately -- and extremely fit -- gentleman at the beginning of middle age. Dresses in well-made clothing, and always as fits the occasion. Few in his organization have seen him outside of his armored suit. This select list consists of his daughter Gloria, his field lieutentant Reign, and a handful of personal servents. Everyone else he deals with knows him only has Deep Purple, or as Victor Ein, and never both.

MARTIAL ARTS MANEUVERS
Cost  Maneuver
8 +2 HTH Damage Class(es)
4 Choke Hold: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 3d6 NND
4 Counterstrike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, 8d6 Strike, Must Follow Block
3 Defensive Throw: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, Block, Target Falls
4 Fast Strike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, 8d6 Strike
5 Grappling Block: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, Grab One Limb, Block
3 Grappling Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 8d6 Strike; Target Falls; Must Follow Grab
5 Joint Break: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -2 DCV, Grab One Limb; HKA 1 1/2d6 , Disable
4 Joint Lock/Throw: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 4d6 NND ; Target Falls
4 Killing Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 1 1/2d6
3 Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 7d6 Strike, Target Falls
4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 Martial Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 40 STR to Disarm
4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4 Martial Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 45 STR vs. Grabs
4 Martial Flash: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Flash 6d6
3 Martial Grab: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 40 STR for holding on
4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 8d6 Strike
3 Martial Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 6d6 +v/5, Target Falls
4 Nerve Strike: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 3d6 NND
5 Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 10d6 Strike
4 Reversal: var Phase, -1 OCV, -2 DCV, 45 STR to Escape; Grab Two Limbs
3 Takedown: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, 6d6 Strike; Target Falls
93 Total Martial Arts Cost

DEFENSES
Type Amount Notes
Physical Defense 10/25 Current BODY:
Res. Phys. Defense 0/15  
Energy Defense 10/25 Current END:
Res. Energy Defense 0/15  
Mental Defense 10 Current STUN:
Power Defense 0  
COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV: 7 DCV: 7

Combat Skill Levels: +2 Overall
COMBAT MANEUVERS
Choke Hold 1/2 -2 +0 Grab One Limb; 3d6 NND
Counterstrike 1/2 +2 +2 8d6 Strike, Must Follow Block
Defensive Throw 1/2 +1 +1 Block, Target Falls
Fast Strike 1/2 +2 +0 8d6 Strike
Grappling Block 1/2 +1 +1 Grab One Limb, Block
Grappling Throw 1/2 +0 +2 8d6 Strike; Target Falls; Must Follow Grab
Joint Break 1/2 -1 -2 Grab One Limb; HKA 1 1/2d6 , Disable
Joint Lock/Throw 1/2 +1 +0 Grab One Limb; 4d6 NND ; Target Falls
Killing Strike 1/2 -2 +0 HKA 1 1/2d6
Legsweep 1/2 +2 -1 7d6 Strike, Target Falls
Martial Block 1/2 +2 +2 Block, Abort
Martial Disarm 1/2 -1 +1 Disarm; 40 STR to Disarm
Martial Dodge 1/2 -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
Martial Escape 1/2 +0 +0 45 STR vs. Grabs
Martial Flash 1/2 -1 -1 Flash 6d6
Martial Grab 1/2 -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 40 STR for holding on
Martial Strike 1/2 +0 +2 8d6 Strike
Martial Throw 1/2 +0 +1 6d6 +v/5, Target Falls
Nerve Strike 1/2 -1 +1 3d6 NND
Offensive Strike 1/2 -2 +1 10d6 Strike
Reversal var -1 -2 45 STR to Escape; Grab Two Limbs
Takedown 1/2 +1 +1 6d6 Strike; Target Falls
COMBAT MODIFIERS
RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

POWERS
Cost  Power END
5 Strength of the Mind: Mental Defense (10 points total)
23 Armor: Armor (9 PD/9 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (34 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
25 Differential Goggles: (Total: 37 Active Cost, 25 Real Cost) Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), Discriminatory (27 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 18) plus Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 7)
14 Encrypted Radio Link: Mind Link , Human class of minds, Specific Group of Minds, Any distance, No LOS Needed, Number of Minds (x8) (40 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1), IAF (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)
7 Mask: LS (Self-Contained Breathing) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
33 Thrown Arsenal: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2)
2u
1) Bolos: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF (50 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4)
2u
2) Flash-Bangs: Hearing Group and Normal Sight Flash 10d6 (35 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2)
2u
3) Gas Bombs: EB 4d6, Explosion (+1/2), NND (+1) (50 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2)
1u
4) Smoke Bombs: Darkness to Sight Group 2" radius, Conforming (+1/2) (30 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2)
2u
5) Throwing Sticks: EB 10d6 (50 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2)
116 Total Powers Cost
PERKS
Cost  Name
3 Access to Government Computers: Computer Link
45 Agents: Followers
3 Double Identity: Anonymity
2 Double Identity: Deep Cover
15 Money: Filthy Rich
68 Total Perks Cost
TALENTS
Cost  Name
9 Ambidexterity (no Off Hand penalty)
12 Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)
22 Combat Sense (Discriminatory) 17-
5 Eidetic Memory
3 Lightning Calculator
6 Lightning Reflexes: +4 DEX to act first with All Actions
3 Lightsleep
4 Speed Reading (x10)
64 Total Talents Cost

SKILLS
Cost  Name
20 +2 Overall
3 Acrobatics 13-
3 Acting 14-
3 Analyze: Combat 15-
3 Breakfall 13-
3 Bribery 14-
3 Bureaucratics 14-
3 Climbing 13-
3 Combat Driving 13-
3 Combat Piloting 13-
3 Computer Programming 15-
3 Cryptography 15-
3 Deduction 15-
10 Defense Maneuver I-IV
3 Demolitions 15-
3 Electronics 15-
2 Forgery (Documents) 15-
3 Interrogation 14-
3 Linguist
1) Language: Arabic (completely fluent)
2) Language: English (imitate dialects) (5 Active Points)
3) Language: French (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)
4) Language: German (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)
5) Language: Greek (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)
6) Language: Japanese (completely fluent)
7) Language: Latin (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)
8) Language: Mandarin (completely fluent)
9) Language: Russian (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)
10) Language: Spanish (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)
3 Lipreading 15-
3 Mechanics 15-
3 Oratory 14-
3 PS: Instruction 14-
3 Paramedics 15-
3 Persuasion 14-
3 Scholar
1) KS: Economics (3 Active Points) 15-
2) KS: History (3 Active Points) 15-
3) KS: Law Enforcement Agencies (3 Active Points) 15-
4) KS: Philosophy (3 Active Points) 15-
5) KS: Poetry (3 Active Points) 15-
6) KS: Politics (3 Active Points) 15-
7) KS: Psychology (3 Active Points) 15-
8) KS: Secret Societies (3 Active Points) 15-
9) KS: Superhumans (3 Active Points) 15-
3 Scientist
1) SS: Anatomy 15- (3 Active Points)
2) SS: Biology 15- (3 Active Points)
3) SS: Botany 15- (3 Active Points)
4) SS: Chemistry 15- (3 Active Points)
5) SS: Genetics 15- (3 Active Points)
6) SS: Mathematics 15- (3 Active Points)
7) SS: Metaphysiology 15- (3 Active Points)
8) SS: Neurology 15- (3 Active Points)
9) SS: Pharmacology 15- (3 Active Points)
10) SS: Physics 15- (3 Active Points)
3 Security Systems 15-
3 Shadowing 15-
3 Stealth 13-
3 Streetwise 14-
3 Survival (All) 15-
3 Systems Operation 15-
3 Tactics 15-
3 Teamwork 13-
3 Weaponsmith (All) 15-
186 Total Skills Cost

DISADVANTAGES
Cost  Disadvantage
5 DNPC: Gloria Ein 11- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)
15 Psychological Limitation: Absolutely Confident {NOT arrogant} (Common, Strong)
20 Psychological Limitation: Driven (Very Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Perfectionist (Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Unfailingly Polite (Common, Strong)
5 Social Limitation: Secret ID: Victor Ein (Occasionally, Minor)
130 Villain Bonus
200 Total Disadvantages Cost
Height: 1.90 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 95.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Stately -- and extremely fit -- gentleman at the beginning of middle age. Dresses in well-made clothing, and always as fits the occasion. Few in his organization have seen him outside of his armored suit. This select list consists of his daughter Gloria, his field lieutentant Reign, and a handful of personal servents. Everyone else he deals with knows him only has Deep Purple, or as Victor Ein, and never both.
Personality: In some ways, Deep Purple is hard to hate. He is studious, urbane, and honorable in his own arcane way. He is unfailingly polite, regardless of the situation, and refrains from the gloating bragadocio that is so common among supervillains. He considers ostentation and megalomania far beneath him. He never wastes resources or energy, and does not engage in gratuitous cruelty, destruction, torment, killing, or torture. However, he is also absolutely convinced of the correctness of his path, and as driven as any man ever has been. If something must be done, he will do it. He may regret its necessity, but he will not hesitate. Unlike some of his subordinates, he has no disdain for the human race, but he also has no doubt that it must be lead by those capable of actually leading, those capable of fostering peace, prosperity, and the advancement of civilization, no matter the cost. Oddly enough, he considers many superheroes to be his fellow travelers, even as they oppose him. But then, how else could he view those of mighty power who seek to protect humanity? As always, though, he will do what he must.
Quote:"Excellent move. You've shown much progress. However...checkmate."

"To the Victor goes the spoils." (Who says brilliant criminal masterminds don't have a sense of humor?)

Background: It was evident from an early age that Victor Ein was intelligent beyond the comprehension of most people. It was especially evident to Victor. However, instead of becomming alienated and impatient, Victor always forced himself to be as patient and kind as possible, even as he used his remarkable intellectual and interpersonal abilities to get his own way. Typically, those around Victor believed that he was cooperating with them, even as they did as he wished. As he grew up, it became clear to Victor that the human species was in need of much work if it was to reach its potential. It also became clear that leaders were rarely visionaries, and visionaries were rarely able to achieve positions of leadership. He became convinced that if humanity were to move forward in meaningful, purposeful ways, instead of the chaotic, tortured, blind way it always had, then those of true ability and vision would have to seize the reigns of power by whatever means necessary. However, he learned from the mistakes of those before him; open conquest of the sort favored by crude would-be world conquerors and raving megalomaniacs always draws the attention of well-meaning but often misguided heroes. He has known from the beginning that his benevolent meritocracy would have to take the subtle path. Victor Ein is a reclusive and highly successful investor. Deep Purple is a shadowed figure in the underground world of supervillains and criminal organizations.
Powers/Tactics: Deep Purple has one actual power: a remarkable mutant nervous system. Everything else stems from that fact. He intuitively makes connections between seemingly unrelated facts, and possesses uncanny foresight. He aborbs information and skills with little effort, as evidenced by his Skills and Martial Arts. His reaction time is astounding. In a crisis, he thinks and responds so quickly that he appears to be in some way procognitive.

There is no easy, simple way to sum up the tactical and strategic abilities of such a being. It will take a great deal of thought and perfect execution, on multiple levels, over a long period of time, to outmaneuver him. More than one foe has been convinced that they had outsmarted Deep Purple, only to realize too late that the mastermind had long ago turned their plan against them. He has his fingers in everything, and eyes and ears everywhere, and many of those don't even realize they're serving his purposes. Powerful and wealthy people all over the world owe favors to either Victor Ein or Deep Purple -- and sometimes both without knowing it. Adjectives such as "Machiavelian" and "Byzantine" are appropriate.

Deep Purple will avoid direct confrontation if possible. However, if forced to fight, he is formidible, and no one foe is likely to defeat him. His extensive fighting abilities are augmented by his equipment, all of which he designed and built himself. He has access to a plethora of ultratechnological devices, too numerous to list or detail.

Campaign Use: Deep Purple, and stories involving him, can be a challenge for the GM to run. Most people can only approximate his intellect, ingenuity, and foresight. In order to simulate his abilities, you may occasionally have to "cheat." If, in the middle of things, it makes sense that a superhuman intellect would have thought of something, then Deep Purple probably thought of it long before the point that it occurs to you and I. As long as you don't engage in lots of 180 degree plot shifts and outrageous retcons, don't restrict yourself to pre-conceived plots and plans. This is often good advice for a GM, since no strategy survives contact with the enem...er, I mean the players, but in the case of Deep Purple, it can be vital to doing the character justice. The real trick is making sure the players don't notice. In fact, it should take a great deal of work for the players, let alone the PCs, to even realize that Deep Purple exists. His intentions, connections, and identity should be even harder to piece together. Coming face-to-face with Deep Purple should be a massive achievement for the PCs, and yet should only be the beginning.

It is also possible that he may help the PCs from time to time, without revealing his involvement. He is disgusted equally by the wanton destruction of many supervillains, by the base thuggery of such groups as VIPER, and by the bigotry of the likes of the IHA.

I'll post the .hdc after I get any feedback that might be forthcoming. I'm looking forward to seeing what people have to say about him.

Originally posted by Trebuchet

I understood that. But by assigning her a supervillain name (Ultraviolet) you've denied yourself use of that name for an active combat team supervillain. You did say you were having trouble coming up with a villain name for a team brick?

Violet could still be an interesting character. She could even be someone one of the hero team is dating; either spying on the heroes to help daddy or subtly helping the heroes against daddy for her own reasons. (Perhaps she plans to allow her father to seize control of the world first and then overthrow him in a coup. A father like Reign is not likely to raise a wallflower as a daughter...) :cool:

I forgot to mention the other reason she has a nom de gere: to the Agents and to the young members of the Purple Gang, she's only known as Violet, as her father is only known as Deep Purple (or "sir," more often).

The dating idea is tempting, and for another group of NPCs I'd jump at it. Thing is, if something were to go wrong, she'd be too easy a link to her father. She knows way too much to expose to all those mentalists and whatnot out there. Heck, she doesn't even have the bioimplant to keep her from revealing info about Deep Purple!

One of the most unique aspects of Deep Purple is that he's not really a "comic book" villain. He doesn't play their schtik or make their mistakes. That's for Purple Reign to do. One of the reasons DP puts up with Reign is that he fulfils that role of the megalomanic in the minds of the public and the superheroes. He's much more what they expect out of a master villain, so they don't look behind the curtain.

One of the most unique aspects of Deep Purple is that he's not really a "comic book" villain. He doesn't play their schtik or make their mistakes. That's for Purple Reign to do. One of the reasons DP puts up with Reign is that he fulfils that role of the megalomanic in the minds of the public and the superheroes. He's much more what they expect out of a master villain, so they don't look behind the curtain.

Personalitywise Deep Purple in a lot of ways reminds me of my campaign's megavillain, the Emerald Mage. To quote from my writeup of EM:

In 2002 he was legally elected, under the alias Esteban de España, to the presidency of Columbia; and has not only cleaned out (Read: exterminated) the drug cartels and Marxist guerrillas that for so long plagued Columbia but appears well on his way to lawfully conjoining Columbia with Venezuela into a sort of "South American United States." The Emerald Mage is firmly convinced his destiny is to rule over humanity, not for selfish reasons like the Chosen but to provide humanity with eternal enlightened rule. For this reason he has clashed much more often with Chosen factions than with Ishtari groups (Rumor has it that in early 2002 a powerful group of Chosen sorcerers and mentalists attempted to assassinate the Emerald Mage; he not only survived but apparently obliterated them all without difficulty.). He's passionate about his goal, charismatic, and endlessly patient. It will all happen in good time...

Unlike DP, he doesn't have a daughter working hand in hand. Like DP, EM maintains two entirely distinct personas; both being known to very few. He does have several powerful apprentices, including one who is the best friend of the wife of MidGuard's leader. (The Emerald Mage and that apprentice were even invited to the wedding and reception.) :D

Originally posted by Rechan

Exactly what is causing the 'does 1d6 damage if they talk about DP'? Surely it's not loyalty?

Bioimplant. Artificial neural bundle implanted on the brain.

They don't even have to talk about DP. Someone else using mental powers or some kind of technological brain scan is enough to set it off.

Well, how about Purple Heart? An ex-Special Forces soldier, he was badly wounded in the line of duty. They carried out various "revolutionary" medical treatments on him (ie, they used him as a guinea pig). They did indeed save his life, by turning him into super-strong, super-tough combat machine.

Obviously, his patriotism ended up turning him into a freak, so he wears his medal ironically. He doesn't have a grudge against soldiers; in fact he respects them, although thinks they are misguided. He reserves his private wrath for the generals and politicians who treat the common soldier as cannon fodder.

Think "Ripper", without the cybernetic enhancements. I have to say I find the Fifth Ed. version of Ripper a bit OTT. You could probably adapt the 4th Ed. one quite easily. Take off the extra powers from his bionics, but give him some elite forces skills, like Commando Training Martial Arts. Ouch.