Upgrading Rakshasa (Day of the Destroyer)

Tech

In the "Day of the Destroyer" module, there's a villain Rakshasa. This is the real deal villain, as opposed to only using the name by a certain other individual villain. I use this villain almost always solo. Powers are simple but effective but against a group of heroes, a 20 PD and 20 ED simply don't cut it.

I'd like to upgrade the villain to make him more effective, if only last a bit longer if encountering 2 or 3 heroes, but I'm not sure how to go about it. For those who have this book, what would you suggest to make him last longer, as well as possible power upgrades (or even new powers)?

Increase his resist PD/ED. Give him a claw/bite HKA (prehaps Penatrating). Regeneration can work in a pinch, but find a 'India' way to negate it.

Would you suggest Damage Reduction instead? I'm keeping the vulnerability to crossbows (any), since one hero in the campaign actually uses a crossbow.

Yep. Damage Reduction and/or Damage Negation with the Limited Power (Not Against Any Type Of Crossbow Bolt), amount depends on campaign, but since one character carries such a thing, prehaps a -1/2 value (your depended on if that character shows up...if you can guarantee he shows up it could be a -1 value).