Another variation on SPD

I was reading some other threads and this flashed into my head.  Am just putting it out there so that I dont forget but also to allow those other board posters that are more mechanically minded than me to see what the problem might be...

I was thinking that when you buy 5 SPD for your character you follow the SPD 4 profile on the SPD chart and get a single action to use on one of whatever phases are left.

This means you can, once in a turn, seek to have two phases concurrently but can also provide the freedom for a team to coordinate to take advantage of a momentary opportunity.  

I have thought only about haymaker because it would seem a great use for it.  I think it is but your opponent will also have that floating action and, if you begin your haymaker, can invoke their floating action to act before you connect and move out of the way.  If your opponent has used his floating action then he is flatfooted and open to the haymaker.

Interesting option or totally broken??  :-)

I don't see much difference between this and just holding phases and players coordinating actions. If your players have trouble with the concept, have a villain group that runs 50 or so points lower than them on average play the teamwork game and show them how it is done.

- E

One immediate difference is that you can follow up a post 12 recovery with a second one, or an attack on segment 1.

It is different because, when an opponent is stunned by an attack, you or a teammate make on segment 10 can be followed up with a floating action on segment 11 and another on segment 12.

On the other side a floating action can be burned to recover.

It is true that much of this can be achieved by holding actions but this demands some conscious thought in a way the SPD chart does not...