Is this how naked advantages work?

Greatwyrm

Just a quick example here to see if I've got the right idea. Let's say I want to make a naked advantage that let's you make a power of up to 20 active points armor piercing, once per day.

Armor Piercing (+1/2) adds 10 points to a 20 point power. So we start with 10 points.

1 charge per day is (-2), so I divide the 10 points above by 3.

Rounding off, this would be worth 3 real points. Am I doing this right? (I know right can be a very relative term in this system :) )

Re: Is this how naked advantages work?

Originally posted by Greatwyrm

Just a quick example here to see if I've got the right idea. Let's say I want to make a naked advantage that let's you make a power of up to 20 active points armor piercing, once per day.

Armor Piercing (+1/2) adds 10 points to a 20 point power. So we start with 10 points.

1 charge per day is (-2), so I divide the 10 points above by 3.

Rounding off, this would be worth 3 real points. Am I doing this right? (I know right can be a very relative term in this system :) )

Yep. Looks good to me.

D

Re: Is this how naked advantages work?

Originally posted by Greatwyrm

I'm not certain (no rulebook handy) but but I think you have to specify a power that the naked advantage refers to. Anyone know for certain?

It's up to the GM to determine how broad the effects are that a Naked Advantage can apply to. Examples given in the FAQ tend to be fairly narrow, such as "all guns." I don't think that I personally would allow "any magic spell" in a campaign where magic is varied and widely used, although I'd probably permit it for a narrow magic discipline such as "all flame spells."