Champions in 3D

Patron Wizard

Champions 3-D is one of my favorite HERO products! A few years ago I ran the Horror World scenario, but instead of doing it as an alternate universe, I did it as a dark future, which was part of a year long story arc that had the heroes escape Hell (they were banished there by DEMON's High Morbanes), but in doing so they returned to Earth but five years in the future to see the world devastated by the Anopheles. After finding their way to 1928 they defeated Dr. Kulik and his cultist, averting the takeover by the Anopheles in the 1990's. The Revered Elder of that time period then gave the heroes a magical tea to drink which put them in suspended animation for the next 62 years, until they where awoken up by the Archmage to aid him in defending his monastery from DEMON's attack (DEMON had banished the heroes to Hell to give them a clear line of attack on the Elder). The best part was, the past versions of the heroes slumbered in a sealed chamber of the monastery that I had introduced into the campaign a year prior; the modern day players were told by the Revered Elder that the room was off limits, and they should never, ever enter it. Of course, had they gone against his warning, they would have found themselves sleeping in status (from 1928) waiting to be awoken in the near future.

My players really enjoyed the Horror World scenario, and were actually disturbed by the story's dark and terrifying tone. I plan to make use of the Backward World and Nazi World scenarios too. Definitely a sourcebook worth having!