Adjustment power questions

dsatow

Question

1. If the absorption is NOT bought as a defense, what happens when you have two applicable absorptions working?  (i.e. Brawny has two separate absorptions against physical body.  He has 6 absorption go to aiding Body and he has 6 absorption aiding Stun.  Brawny gets hit for 9 physical worth of Body.  How does Brawny absorb the attack?)
  2. If absorption is non-persistent and he goes unconscious after absorbing an attack but before the absorption goes to his stun, are the stun points lost?
  3. How does the fade rate affect 2x cost characteristics vs 1x cost characteristics?  AFAIK, the rules denote that the aid's effect is halved on certain characteristics, but does not note whether the fade rate is also affected.  Brawny has an Aid 3d6 to Strength and Stun.  He aids himself 10 points or +10 Strength and +10 Stun.  When post 12 comes around, he loses 5 active points worth.  I know he loses 5 points of aided strength.  Does he lose 5 or 10 points of aided Stun?

1 answer to this question

1. As stated on 6E1 165, “If a character has two forms of Absorption that apply to a particular attack, he must choose one. He cannot Absorb points from a single effect with two different Absorption powers simultaneously.” So in this case, Brawny has to pick one power or the other.

2. I’m not sure I understand this question. If a character uses Absorption, he gets the Absorbed Character Points immediately — there’s no delay between when the character is hit with an attack that does BODY and when he gets the Character Points from Absorption. He uses Absorption, gets some extra STUN as a result, and if he’s then attacked he loses the “added” STUN first as explained on 6E1 166. If a character has Limited his Absorption in a way that delays the adding of the received Character Points, his GM should answer any related rules questions.

If I’ve missed something in your question, please PM me or post a follow-up.

3. See APG2 18, which discusses the standard rule (the recovery is not halved) and the option for changing that rule.