LF Players/Group in Triangle/Triad areas, North Carolina

Bigassgeek

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2018 at 8:54 AM, Bigassgeek said:

Long time Champions player looking for players to form a group or a group looking for a player. Happy to run a game here in the Raleigh/Greensboro areas of NC if I can wrangle enough players. I'll be notified of replies here, so reply away!

I am overworked right now, but I would like to get in touch for when my day job calms down. Send me a PM?

On 3/23/2018 at 8:54 AM, Bigassgeek said:

Long time Champions player looking for players to form a group or a group looking for a player. Happy to run a game here in the Raleigh/Greensboro areas of NC if I can wrangle enough players. I'll be notified of replies here, so reply away!

I'll be coming down in July to run a one-shot of Monster Hunter International (one of my friends who lives in your area is a HUGE fan of MHI, so I promised to run him an in-person game), and I probably could use a host and/or players.  I might be able to set you up with a group.

1 hour ago, grandmastergm said:

I'll be coming down in July to run a one-shot of Monster Hunter International (one of my friends who lives in your area is a HUGE fan of MHI, so I promised to run him an in-person game), and I probably could use a host and/or players.  I might be able to set you up with a group.

I'm not the OP, but might I ask which city the game would be in? (I'm much more Raleigh/Durham than Greensboro)

35 minutes ago, grandmastergm said:

My friend is in North Durham.

It'd be neat to meet and game with Triangle HERO players in person. If your table is not yet full, I suspect all of us in this thread would be interested.

How would you like to coordinate communication?

7 minutes ago, A.T.R.A. Mark II said:

It'd be neat to meet and game with Triangle HERO players in person. If your table is not yet full, I suspect all of us in this thread would be interested.

How would you like to coordinate communication?

I'll post in  here for now, but I can email you guys with the characters once my friend gets me his schedule and gets me a head-count of his friends who are coming.

I will have room for 6 players, and this game will be the same as a convention game that I ran at U-Con last November.  It's called "Con-Flagration."

MHI sounds like a blast! Please do keep me updated. Durham is very accessible.

On 5/1/2018 at 10:10 PM, John Desmarais said:

“Raleigh/Greensboro” is a pretty big area.  Are you closer to one or the other? (I’m in the Winston-Salem area)

I'm in Hillsborough, which is about an hour from Greensboro, and 45 minutes from Raleigh.

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2018 at 8:39 PM, grandmastergm said:

I'll post in  here for now, but I can email you guys with the characters once my friend gets me his schedule and gets me a head-count of his friends who are coming.

I will have room for 6 players, and this game will be the same as a convention game that I ran at U-Con last November.  It's called "Con-Flagration."

Grandmastergm,

Hope you had a happy 4th!

How are things looking for the July MHI game?

Thanks in advance!

On 7/7/2018 at 5:37 PM, grandmastergm said:

It looks like we are delayed until August 24th.  Does that work for you guys?  And if so, what time?

GMGM,

I can only speak for myself, but as that Friday is a workday, the evening would be easiest. I can flex time if I know in advance people want to start earlier.

E.g. is this a typical 4-5 hour session, so if we started at 7pm, we'd finish around 12am?

Thanks much for running, and advance thanks to The Unknown Host!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2018 at 10:27 PM, A.T.R.A. Mark II said:

GMGM,

I can only speak for myself, but as that Friday is a workday, the evening would be easiest. I can flex time if I know in advance people want to start earlier.

E.g. is this a typical 4-5 hour session, so if we started at 7pm, we'd finish around 12am?

Thanks much for running, and advance thanks to The Unknown Host!

How about Saturday? 

• 3 weeks later...

GMGM,

Not yet. I have some ideas on recruiting though, via Hero-specific and Game Store-specific forums on other sites, ones that Triangle locals read.

We have a date -- do we have a location yet? (E.g. Downtown Raleigh, or North of Durham, or down in Garner, etc.)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to GrandmasterGM for running a fun game last weekend!

John Desmarais also made it, with spouse, and GmGM's friend brought friends to fill out the table of six.

I greatly enjoyed playing Max Covington, Jack of All Trades, including security guard.

I think all would agree that Max "knew a lot for a security guard."

• 3 weeks later...