Power Build: Into the Abyss

Demiurgos

Tech, the corollary I take issue with is the interpretation of "code vs killing".  It's not OK to use a 1/2d6 Killing Attack if you have CvK, but firing off 15d6 Normal Attacks with reckless abandon is fine.

This ignores the reality that it does not have to be a Killing Attack to be lethal.

I prefer the "power opens up the ground and whatever is down there, the characters fall on to with whatever results that should have".  Rubber Rodney, who has +50 PD, none resistant (a knife or bullet will rip through his rubbery flesh) should bounce, not splatter, from the fall.

1 hour ago, Hugh Neilson said:

Tech, the corollary I take issue with is the interpretation of "code vs killing".  It's not OK to use a 1/2d6 Killing Attack if you have CvK, but firing off 15d6 Normal Attacks with reckless abandon is fine.

This ignores the reality that it does not have to be a Killing Attack to be lethal.

I prefer the "power opens up the ground and whatever is down there, the characters fall on to with whatever results that should have".  Rubber Rodney, who has +50 PD, none resistant (a knife or bullet will rip through his rubbery flesh) should bounce, not splatter, from the fall.

I totally agree with you:

a) The original poster didn't mention whether the person using this power has a CvK or not. I threw out the 15d6 as an arbitrary number.

b) I also agree that an attack does not have to be a Killing Attack to be lethal, something I vaguely hinted at.

c) You go Rubber Rodney! Bounce right back into battle! Hm, an interesting idea 'bouncing back into battle'...