Breaking Someone Else Out of a Grab

BoloOfEarth

Question

I'm assuming that someone can use his own STR to break someone else out of a Grab (though for the life of me I don't see the actual rule on that, it just makes sense to me - if I'm mistaken, please let me know). 

If that is the case, can someone use his own STR to break someone else out of a Telekinetic Grab? 

1 answer to this question

It's definitely possible for a character to try to break a Grabbed character out of the Grab -- see one of the examples under "Multiple Grabs," 6E2 63, for an example of how this is done.

And yes, a character can try to break a telekinetically Grabbed character out of the Telekinesis Grab. In this case, use the telekinetic character's DCV to determine whether the character can "hit" the TK with his Grab to apply STR to break the Grabbed character free.

Example:  Zomgar (currently DCV 8 taking all modifiers into account) is a super-alien leading an invasion of Earth. He uses his Telekinesis (40 STR) to Grab Facepuncher, a superhero who's fighting the alien invaders. When Facepuncher isn't able to break free from the Grab on his own, his ally the Silver Sentinel decides to help out. He has STR 60 to apply against the Telekinetic Grab's STR, but first he has to Grab the Telekinesis. To do this he must hit Zomgar's DCV 8. Assuming he succeeds, the odds look good that Facepuncher will soon be free to continue doing what he does best -- punching the face of evil!