New generation of players...

Patriot

52 minutes ago, Patriot said:

So my 9 year old is starting to get her feet wet in theRPG kiddie pool.

Has anyone taken the time to stat out the Miraculous: adventures of Lady Bug and Cat Noir?

Let me think...Ladybug has a one slot VVP with No Concess Control at the -1 level which is the item needed to solve the problem. Cat Noir has a NND RKA which can only be used to break down objects.

I haven't seen a decent writeup of our lucky franco-aisan.

16 hours ago, steriaca said:

Let me think...Ladybug has a one slot VVP with No Concess Control at the -1 level which is the item needed to solve the problem.

If it is always the perfect tool, it is hardly No control.

It think this is a case where No Character Control != No Player Control.

Personally I have not yet watched a single episode of the show. But I have had it avalible the whole time.

18 hours ago, steriaca said:

Let me think...Ladybug has a one slot VVP with No Concess Control at the -1 level which is the item needed to solve the problem. Cat Noir has a NND RKA which can only be used to break down objects.

Okay, watched the first two Episodes.

Lucky Charm:

The lucky charm comes with a "Ladybug Vision". That might simply be a Cinematic technique, or simply part of how the power works. A VPP does seem - "spot on" :)

Besides that, she uses it extensively as a form of Stretching/Telekinesis. She swings like Spiderman and agianst Mr. Pigeon she made two attempts a ranged grab, with one connecting.

Cataclysm:

Some kind of Focus/object destruction. "RKA, NND, Does Body" would work. As would be any Penetrating attack of sufficient Magnitude. Or even a Dispel defined as "object destruction".

Aside from the powers from their Miraculous, both also have high levels of Parkour skills when transformed. Wich is fitting as that comes from france.

They could have some low endurance cost movement powers to simulate that. Stuff like "Flight, only what Pacour could do".

They might also have increased strenght, as they are often fighting Augmented Grown up villains. But it might be that the "Gimik" the Adults get ruins any semblance of them still using their Adult powers (being stronger then children).

Episode 3, some more thing I noticed:

• Both have superhuman durability, as they survived being thrown at least 100 meters by a wind strong enough to move cars.
  • Both can do the "run on walls" thing.
  • they can rotate the LB JoJo/CN Staff in a attempt to create a shield. Either a barrier power, or a attack power using the Contest of Power rules from APG I 174. LB's is noticably stronger, capable of burning through a busses side when CN did not even try.
  • Cat Noir has Night Vision.
  • It is possible Cataclysm also increases CNs speed drastically. At least he has the higher DCV of the two, as he was only really hit with AoE or Spread attacks this episode.

Lucky Charm has a series of effects:

1. Create a seemingly random item.

2. Grant LadyBug Vision of how to use it - possibly in conjuction with Cat Noir.

3. Execute said maneuver flawlessly wich results in the akuma being released

4. Cleanse the Akuma

5. Throwing the Item created under 1 into the air, where it turns into magic power that will undo any lasting effects of the "villain of the week".

Episode 1 had a sligh variation however. As her goal was not to defeat the villain, but stop Adrian from slowdancing with her romantic rival. So at least here intention when she invokes the lucky charm maters to what she gets.