Absorption Fueled Attack Power

Waywardsoul

I'm trying to define a power that is fueled by Absorption, but when you use it the points are expended.  Not certain of the right approach on this.  Example, I absorb 12 points and it pumps my HA up by 4 dice, on my next attack I use 2 dice of HA to modify my attack, so I use 6 of those 12 points up and only have 6 points remaining.  Any suggestions?  I think it can be done somewhat through an Endurance Pool, but how do you stipulate that the points aren't Draining but Expended when Used?

Absorption isn't fuel, it doesn't give you a pool that you consume by use.  Its a resource that stays and slowly fades away over time:

The points gained from Absorption fade at the rate of 5 Active Points per Turn.

You can by an advantage to reduce the fade rate as well.

Further, you gain active points with Absorb, not real points.  So the 12 points you gain gives you 12 active points of power, and each die of Hand to Hand Attack costs 5 Active Points, so you have 2d6 added until some of the points fade, and 2 extra points that adds to any more later absorption until it fades.

You can absorb points that go to Endurance, and that END is used normally, but recovers normally, save that which fades each turn.

Sorry, I missed where it stated that it applied to Active Cost, not build.  Thank you for that correction.  I was aware that it normally built up a power and bled off at a standard return rate, I was just curious if anyone could think of a way that it could be used to simulate a 1 shot blast that stores up.  The only thing I could come up with was a Side Effect on the power that gains the Active Points from Absorption that is a Drain that targets that power.  So if we go with EB, the Absorption roll gets you 15 Body, you apply that to EB for 3 Dice, then when you use the EB the Side Effect occurs that would Drain EB xd6 where X is the number of dice you used in the blast.

51 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

You could put a limitation on Absorb that the points are expended when used

That's the simplest way to do it, if you're looking for reliable, small boosts along and along. 

If you're looking for a one-shot spectacular, you can do either a limitation along the lines of "not available until X points are stored (and remember the drain rate will still apply, encouraging your character to get in and really mix it up so he can soak a few hits)

Or you can pump the absorb into End and then" push" the power, burning up the End on the spot. 

You can- though there's more expenditure cost-wise and more book-keeping this way-  build a separate "damage bonus" power that is fueled from an END pool that can only be charged via the absorb.  Personally, I like the push model, as there is minimum bookkeeping and the "bonus points" from the absorb- bring End, are used up on the spot. 

At work, so I don't have a lot of time to expand on that, but I think I got the idea across, anyway.