Polygonal Rifling (HSEG)

MrAgdesh

What is the Active Cost of the +1 pip RKA to guns with polygonal rifling? On pg 111 of the HSEG it lists it as 'variable'

The Glock and HK examples on pg 72 seem to have it at 3pts based upon their Active Costs. Shouldn't it be 5? 

Can you buy up to +2 to a Killing Attack now instead of  1/2 d6? 

The base cost should always be 5 points;  the active and real costs would vary depending on advantages and limitations.

WIth KAs, the progression per 5 points is usually 1 pip, 1/2 d6 (OR 1d6-1, this can vary), d6. If you want to say that it's 1 pip, 2 pips, d6, that's fine.  1/2 d6 gives an average of 2 anyway, because of the rounding (1-2 -> 1, 3-4 -> 2, 5-6 -> 3, so the average is 2).  And 1d6-1 gives an average of 2.5.

Ok...I see it.

Honestly, I don't trust HSEG to be completely consistent.  How does the Glock 20 net out as 2d6-1?  The Glock 21 is net 2d6;  +1 STUN mult is a 1/4 advantage...so yeah, 37 active.  The HK P7K3 is 1d6+1 with the PR, +1 OCV which is 2 points...and 22 active.  

So if the pricing in HSEG, or the damage, doesn't make sense...throw it out, that's my recommendation.  Treat PR as adding a DC and use YOUR preferences for the translations on DCs to fractional dice.  

EDIT:  Ugh...I hesitate to suggest this.  But, if you have HD, you might want to pay for the HS EG Character Pack, which has all the items as templates.  The items should be editable and you can see for yourself how they're doing things.  The char pack is pricey tho, just for this.