Roll 20 character import testers needed

I am to the point on my Roll20 character import for 6e that I would like some alpha testers. If you are interested, send me a PM. To be able to help you need to:

1. Own Hero Designer.

2. Have a PRO subscription to Roll20.

3. Use the HS6e character sheet in your Roll20 campaign.

At this point I have the basic characteristics along with running, swimming and horizontal leap, continuing to work on other things. Skills are probably up next.

- E

• 2 weeks later...

I've spread the word a bit to some Hero GMs I know who use Roll20 and have a pro account. Hopefully one or more of them will nibble. A Hero Designer export function for a Roll20 character sheet would be a HUGE boon, even if it isn't perfect, as it could always be tweaked manually.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone wanting to try out the latest, you can find the most current code at:

https://github.com/eepjr24/ImportHS6e

Many bugs crushed, added support for Combat Skill Levels, Penalty Skill Levels and skill calculations from base characteristics. I will be ready to call this a beta at some point soon if people would like to jump in and test it. Major missing items right now are: Adding Lightning Reflexes, equipment, non-combat skill levels and detail calculations for powers. Powers currently populate the name and description but does not fill out the power wizard for setting up clickable rolls.

- E

• 1 year later...

eepjr24:

My group had this script running somewhat for roll20, but I forgot the instructions and exact steps, outside of simply marking a token and putting an export of the HD character's XML into the GM notes.

Do you have a specific list of steps that is reliable?

What we also had found is if we take the equipment and put it in the Powers section, that seemed to work more consistently.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Also, is there an updated version of this?

Here's what I have been using:

=========================================================
Name:           ImportHS6e
GitHub:         https://github.com/eepjr24/ImportHS6e
Roll20 Contact: eepjr24
Version:        1.01
Last Update:    8/4/2021
=========================================================

Cheers and soon to be Happy New Years...

Jujitsuguy aka Chuck D. 

I have been trying this script to import a character from HeroDesigner to roll20, it does not seem to be working. I keep getting the error messages similar to the one below. I have tried different characters, every very simple ones with a few skills and simple powers. Still keeps throwing errors. Roll20 API community can't seem to uncover the issue, and there has not been any response on github or other hero games forum posts. Is anyone else having this issue?

Here is the most recent error. All of them are similar.

ReferenceError: name is not defined ReferenceError: name is not defined at createComplications (apiscript.js:911:11) at apiscript.js:1914:7 at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:880:7 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) at Rd.Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425) at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:400 at S (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:57:1015)