Mana Organs

Jkeown

Suppose, if you eat a given portion of a critter, you get a magical effect. It's like a potion, but maybe the critter gets to use the power normally.

How do you do that? Usable by others? Or is there a second write-up besides the critter entry?

I only ask because chickens in Caleon have something like this, and after years, I'm going back to FH to run it.

Your Thoughts, O Assembled Hero-dom?

Re: Mana Organs

Originally posted by Jkeown

Suppose, if you eat a given portion of a critter, you get a magical effect. It's like a potion, but maybe the critter gets to use the power normally.

How do you do that? Usable by others?

Sounds like a good candidate for Independant to me, with a partial limitation of 1 unrecoverable charge, when consuming organ. If it's an ongoing effect, make it a Continuing Charge.

If it's hard to keep down, give it a RSR (CON Roll), when consuming organ. "Are you sure? This doesn't taste like chicken..."

Re: Say...

Originally posted by Jkeown

...They get +6 Concealment...

Should I just write it as a "Magic Item?" And include it in the notes on the critter?

I'd just write it up as a Magic item.

I would think that people would need at least a KS in which parts of the beasties to harvest. Maybe a PS skill in harvest and preparing?

Many parts of the Slithering Slogish Beast are edible!

Mmmmm, Sausage. :D