GL style Endurance Batteries?

Braum

Having played a Green Lantern like character in the past, and pondering over how to do the whole ring/lantern thing, let me add my pesos to the camp of, "its just special effects".

Give the character a physical disad: Must touch amulet to holy thing-a-ma-jig every 24 hours, or powers are lost. You could even have an accidental change if the touch/24 fails to happen. Presumably, all your powers and capabilities are going to get the +1/2 OIF, and maybe even arguable +1/4 OHID as well, that's probably enough saved points to be on equal footing with all the more efficient character concepts.

As for the powers, I'd break them up into a couple frameworks. Those that are available all the time with the amulet (small ones, like TK UBO or teleport to floating location, mind link to wearer/owner, etc) and the main powers that need the recharge to work all at either 0 end or charges depending on power level, and whether the wearer can push the powers (like the current GL can) with their own end or not.

Corny catch phrase is of course optional.

Let me know if I'm off-base here, but has Green Lantern ever lost his power battery for any length of time? If your answer is "not that often" or "hardly ever", then you're not talking about a focus at all. Really, the ring isn't much of a focus either. I'd go with OIHID on all your powers, including at least one multipower (smallish ultra slots with a large reserve to run a number of your ancillary powers simultaneously) and one VPP, one which is destined to be Cosmic (+2), which runs a number of powers you'll only need now and then... and of course, a large number of well-limited Special powers which can't go into either of the former categories by virtue of being Specials.

Making the whole thing O End is probably overkill, since you can add that advantage into what powers you need to, and run the rest off of your personal END or an incorporated END reserve. Since the ring functions proportionally to its wielder's willpower, running some powers off your personal endurance is by no means a strange or counterintuitive construction.

I haven't plumbed every responce here, but:

I'd buy GL's ring as an END reserve say 200 end 20 (you could buy this up to) recovery, only when he says cool chant and has the Battery availible (-1.5)

Note that you can break the power lim into two parts: incantations and OAF.