Brains beat brawn

Tech

Last weekend, we had a battlemap game where various heroes (not in any supergroup) got together at a park to protect a park statue from being stolen from villains. Among these villains is one of the campaign's most powerful bricks: Armageddon. This brick is from an old book "Trouble for HAVOC" (although he no longer has an 8 Spd!). Anyways, my detective character minifig is closest to him; I decided to have him go up against him and I say aloud, "This is nuts, but my character's going for Armageddon."  Really, one hit from this brick and my character will go down.

Here's where I pull off a few brilliant moves: my detective character has Cinematic Brawling. So, I delay until Armageddon is ready to attack, then use the Eye Gouge attack and blind him for 5 phases. He's blinded and misses. Next attack phase, I use Hoise & Heave and throw him away from me. This allows another character to use a blinding light (Darkness ) on Armageddon when he can see.

In the meanwhile, my detective turns on another supervillain who throws things to entangle heros. My 6's move is to make a half-phase up to him from behind and clear his throat. When the villain turns around, my detective slaps him in the face saying, "That's for attacking a woman."  Next phase, my character delays until the villain reaches for his chemical ball to entangle my detective so I use Disarm on him and he drops the ball, entangling himself.  (Every villain we fought, we found out later, had Unluck!)

Quite frankly, I thought my detective character was going to be *splat* quickly but somehow, quick thinking made him shine in the other character's eyes.