Meet the Champions

quozaxx

Let's meet the hero group know as the Champions. 

The Champions has 2 versions.  1 is the pre-5th edition and the other is the 5th edition.  (Note, I have no clue if it was changed in 6th edition).  And 5th edition is changed in Champions Universe,  News of the World (correct me if I'm wrong)  which drops Nighthawk and adds the first official African American member,  Kinetic.   But I will concentrate on the 2 main versions.

From the pre-5th edition,  we have 

Seeker

Obsidian 

Jaguar

Quantum 

Solitaire 

And Defender,  who is the only member to survive The Secret Crises of the 5th Edition.   (Joking of course)

In 5th edition,  we have 

Defender 

Ironclad 

Nighthawk 

Sapphire 

Ans Witchcraft 

Let's start from the top.

Seeker

Aka Don Morgan 

Trained Martial artist 

Born in Australia and raised by a member of the Japanese Army Ninja Recon Team. (Try to say that 3 times, fast)  He grew up with values and training.   Joined the Champions. 

26 DEX, 6 SPD, comic book martial arts. (Thus was before The Ultimate Martial Artist) 

4 psychological and 3 hunted disadvantages. A DNPC, and an enraged. 

Obsidian 

An alien brick.  Wait a second… isn't that Ironclad's background?  Hmm.  

Anyway,  60 STR, 30 PD, 20 ED.  Growth and density increase added in. Theoretical physicist.  

Vulnerable to vibration attacks,  4 psychological and 3 hunted disadvantages 

Quantum

Aka Starlyn Johnson 

The resident Mutant energy projector.   

Nuclear forces with flight, force field, energy blast, entangle,  flash, force wall.  Doctor 

Vulnerable to drain and transfer,  enraged,  2 psychological and 3 hunted disadvantages,  

Jaguar 

Aka Santiago Vilagatos

Resident metamorph.   Can change into a tiger-man Spanish speaking private investigator.   Latino descent.  

Martial arts and skills in normal form.  DNPC,  2 hunted,  doesn't like were form.  Beast form has 30 STR, claws, super leap, 4 psychological disadvantages and vulnerable to flash attacks. 

Solitaire 

Aka Elaine King

Mystic.   Trained by a Cabal, then went against the Cabal.  Ego attack,  mind control,  TK, teleportation, force field. Energy Blast,  4 psychological and 3 hunted disadvantages,  

Defender 

Aka iron…  I mean Mark Harmon IV

Powered suit from a brilliant,  rich, inventor.   Still talking about Defender.   Entangle,  flight, images, Enhanced STR from suit.  3 psychological and 2 hunted disadvantages. 

Gets an energy blast in 5th edition.   2 of them with a RKA, and adds a DNPC. 

Note:  pre-5th edition was 250 point characters 5th edition was 350 point characters.   So to make the pre-5th characters complete to 5th, just add 100 more powers, skills,  etc.

Ironclad 

Alien brick.  That sounds familiar… hmm.  Find weakness,  lack of weakness,  no growth or density increase,  but naturally heavy.  

Vulnerable to magnetic attacks,  2 psychological and 2 hunted disadvantages. 

Nighthawk 

Aka Bat… I mean Mark Whittaker 

Martial arts, utility belt, high PRE, lots of money.   Nope, still talking about Nighthawk.   

Scarred face, DNPC,  2 psychological and 3 hunted disadvantages.   Reckless vigilante. 

Sapphire 

Aka Corozon Valenzuela 

Mutant energy projector,  public ID.  3 energy blast and a flash attack. Singer,  well-off 

DNPC,  2 psychological and 2 hunted disadvantages. Vulnerable to light attacks 

Witchcraft

Aka Bethany Duquesne 

Mystic.   Mental powers, energy blast,  and a VPP.  

2 psychological and 3 hunted disadvantages.  Vulnerable against cold attacks. 

Which was your favorite?