Gemini Studio: Open Beta

Gemini Studio is the companion app for the Gemini game system.  This app is available for iOS and Android via the app stores.  I’m happy to announce that the app has finally entered an open beta.

Open beta means anyone can use the app now.  The beta will be running until the new year.

Features of the app include:

• Build characters in the genre of your choice
  • Use the built-in tools to play your character in a game
  • Print characters using the built-in print templates
  • Export your characters to Roll20®
  • Share characters with other players or GMs by exporting them
  • Use the help system to reference game rules
  • Check out your die-rolling stats

Some general notes: the app does not ask for any weird permissions, nor does it track you or otherwise invade your privacy.  

Here are the links to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store to download the app.

Apple App Store (iOS)

https://testflight.apple.com/join/0BC5yPYA

Google Play Store (Android)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.slackdaystudio.geministudio.beta

If you need access to the Gemini book, please email me at phil.guinchard@slackdaystudio.ca, and I’ll get you a copy.

Happy bug hunting, and direct your feedback to me directly or leave it here.

• 1 month later...

Can you link to what the Gemini Game is? The official website?

Sorry, but I have never heard of it and the links provided only go to the app, which isn't much help since I still have no idea what the game is, and even the app ad on youtube doesn't have a link to the actual game website, and searching for "Gemini game" on google only brings up the 90's game console.

I am guessing it is a TTRPG? What genre? or is it a universal system like HERO? Is it based off of HERO? 

Links to something other then the app would be helpful.

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2023 at 1:43 AM, mallet said:

Can you link to what the Gemini Game is? The official website?

Sorry, but I have never heard of it and the links provided only go to the app, which isn't much help since I still have no idea what the game is, and even the app ad on youtube doesn't have a link to the actual game website, and searching for "Gemini game" on google only brings up the 90's game console.

I am guessing it is a TTRPG? What genre? or is it a universal system like HERO? Is it based off of HERO? 

Links to something other then the app would be helpful.

Hey, apologies for the late response... Christmas makes this time of year a little much.  If you are still interested, I can send you the rules to review.

To answer some of your questions:

• There is no official website for Gemini
    • I'm sort of using these forums and the unofficial Discord server as my home
  • It's a fast-playing TTRPG game that takes a few design leads from Hero
    • Power building should feel very familiar to a Hero player
    • The math is much more straightforward (pro or con, depends on your viewpoint)
    • It's designed to be genre-agnostic in that it's unopinionated on the subject of genre

DM me on this site or via Discord (Sentry0 is my tag).  Email me at phil.guinchard@slackdaystudio.com if you are like me, old.

• 2 weeks later...

As January winds down, I'm looking into wrapping up the open beta.  I think sometime in February, I will pull down the beta.  This means that it will no longer be publically accessible in the app store for Google and Testflight for iOS.

It's been great to connect with the folks I have with this project.  I'm grateful for the feedback and bug reports I have received.

I am open to any feedback. 

If you have been on the fence about giving Gemini a shot, now is your last chance to get in there and play around with it.  I have the rules and some pregens I can pass along as well.