All New EYG Hall of Fame Cinema Wing

Psybolt

Here is my full write up of the new wing:

https://embraceyourgeeknesseyg.com/2023/11/12/eyg-hall-of-fame-cinema-wing/

Throughout the year, I induct worthy nominees into the Embrace Your Geekness Hall of Fame. Whether it be the regular vote on the ballot by the EYG Nation, the Legends nominees, the Comic Issue Wing or special inductees, the EYG Hall of Fame is very active.

I decided that it was time to open a new wing of the EYG Hall of Fame. One of the biggest ‘geeks’ that many people have is movies. There are some movies that have made it into the EYG Hall of Fame, but I have always felt like there had not been enough considering how many amazing movies there have been over the years.

This first class of the EYG Cinema Wing are as follows:

1920: Nosferatu (1922)

1930: King Kong (1933)

1940: Citizen Kane (1941)

1950: Seven Samurai (1954)

1960: Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

1970: The Godfather (1972)

1980: Blade Runner (1982)

1990: Silence of the Lambs (1991)

Aughts: Psycho (1960)

Death Tribble was invaluable in his work in accomplishing this class of films.  He provided lists for each decade of films (which was an idea that he suggested) and helped provide info and facts about the films.  Then the two of us discussed which films should be dropped, leading to our final choices.  I thank him for all of his work and effort in this venture.

I plan on continuing with the Cinema Wing around the start of summer movie season (probably early May).  How that will look is still up in the air, but I am pleased with how this came out.  

The films that have already been inducted into the EYG HoF are as follows: The Princess Bride, Star wars: A New Hope, Ghostbusters, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Planet of the Apes (1968), Marvel’s The Avengers, Back to the Future, The Terminator, The Empire Strikes Back, Jaws, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, The Wizard of Oz, Marvel’s Black Panther, Die Hard, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame, Return of the Jedi, and Jurassic Park.