Terran Empire

Checkmate

Guest C_Zeree

Re: Fred

Originally posted by Checkmate

I have to say my ALL TIME favorite piece of Hero art is on page 26 of Star Hero. It's not becasue she's not wearing much either (well not totally the reason :D ). It's her hair the spots on her shoulder the way she's standing, but most of all it the eyes. That picture just rocks.

Well…

I agree that is one of the finer pieces found in the hero books. Yep, nerdy puns on many levels.

Knowing that you (Andrew Cremeans) drew that figure, and now hearing that you did may of the illos in Terran Empire as well, makes me want to by the book all the more. Congrats to you on your talent and success thus far.

Honestly....

I was a bit disappointed by Terran Empire.

(Puts up 1.3x10^17th rPD/rED Hardened force field....)

My two biggest pet peeves were how the Imperial Government was organized (in that the system seemed to have remained static from start to finish, without much changes), and that the game's universe felt flat....as if there wasn't any real "get up and go" motivation towards any real adventure. For an example, GURPS Traveller has the whole upcoming Fifth Frontier War on the horizon, Imperial spying of Zhodani core expeditions via Longbow II, the mysterious death of Duron, etc, etc, etc, etc. Referencing the future of the universe is nice, but there should be more data about the game PRESENT....

It's got good info, tho-I did buy it, and I'm going to keep it.

Originally posted by zakueins

Honestly....

I was a bit disappointed by Terran Empire.

(Puts up 1.3x10^17th rPD/rED Hardened force field....)

My two biggest pet peeves were how the Imperial Government was organized (in that the system seemed to have remained static from start to finish, without much changes), and that the game's universe felt flat....as if there wasn't any real "get up and go" motivation towards any real adventure. For an example, GURPS Traveller has the whole upcoming Fifth Frontier War on the horizon, Imperial spying of Zhodani core expeditions via Longbow II, the mysterious death of Duron, etc, etc, etc, etc. Referencing the future of the universe is nice, but there should be more data about the game PRESENT....

It's got good info, tho-I did buy it, and I'm going to keep it.

I think there are tons of plot seeds in the book. I like the fact that they left most of the details up to me. I'm not hemmed in to one type of campaign(i.e. I don't have to run a Star Wars/Traveller knock-off) I can take it in any direction I want without having to rewrite the whole sections of the book. In fact the only change I've made so far is to the ship write-ups(Upped the inches of flight,eliminated non-combat movement,changed any FTL that wasn't Hyperspace to Hyperspace, and changed the way Hyperspace works from Teleport to Extra-Diminional Movement linked to Meaga-scale Flight)

As others have said before it's just a game, use what you like and change the rest:)

I have to agree on the subject of plot seeds. While reading through the book, I constantly had to fight of the urge to start writing up adventures. There is an idea in almost every paragraph, certainly one on every page.

Keith "Time...Limited... Must... resist... running... Star... Hero..." Curtis

Originally posted by Nato

Eh. That was my old "callsighn" in the Air Force. Anyone calls me or another Hero book BARNEY and I'll be seriously peeved.

Okay, so if Steve decides to reinstate the publication of Hero System Almanacs, we'll do our best to restrain ourself from calling them the Books of Altered Rules Needed Every Year. :P