Ultimate Skill?

Kodiak

Okay I just heard that the Ultimate Skill is being worked on but I didn't see it anywhere in the schedule for 2004. Can anyone tell me where it's going to be in the publishing schedule? Is it in place of the Ultimate Brick and extra item or what? ( I hope to be able to buy both as I can see great possibilities in each!)

Kodiak

Steve has a habit of writing many different things at the same time. So he probably works on the Ultimate Skill in his spare time, or when tired of working on a current project. TUS might be on the 2005 schedule or it might sneak into the 2004 schedule just as Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth and Sidekick have been snuck in recently.

I'm hoping DOJ will release their 2005 proposed schedule sometime soon. Then we can have something new to drool over. :)

In the evenings and on the weekends, if I don't have a pressing deadline, I work on some other book "for fun." I pick whatever is of most interest to me, since it's a leisure activity and technically not part of "work."

Last year I wrote two books this way, Gadgets And Gear and The Fantasy Hero Grimoire II. G&G was already on the 2004 schedule; I did it because it grabbed my attention and was fun. FHG2 isn't on the schedule; I just did it because I wanted to, and we'll slot it into the schedule whenever we feel like it.

The Ultimate Skill is just like FHG2. It's not on the schedule right now. It may or may not be on the 2005 schedule, depending on what we decide (as Darren mentioned, we'll announce that at DDC). But it's what's grabbed my "fun time" attention right now, so it's what I'm working on in my "copious spare time." I guarantee that when you do finally see it in print, it'll blow you away; it's gonna be a great book (and a hefty one, too, if my words to date are any indication).