China's team

lemming

It was a pretty High Powered game. Sam (and for that matter myself) didn't tend to write down too many of the disads. Especially for the villians. They were there, but sometimes developed on the fly. And since the game was back in '96 I don't have much of a clue. In that matter, I'm starting from scratch. I like the idea of ties into the dissident faction. However, in my game Taiwan is where the communists wound up. I need to look at Taiwan for some ideas.

However, there's plenty of room for dissidents.

Back to diads: Scavenger should have a few. He did when he had that bout of vampirism.

I didn't do more than skim the characters, but I noticed that Vetali has Regenerate 1 stun per turn costs end for a cost of 3 real points.

Couldn't she simply spend 2 pts for +1 Rec and get the same stun "Regeneration" at less cost, no End expenditure, the ability to "Regenerate" End, and Persistence?

It looks like Scavenger is placing multipowers (The CORE Agent Powerstaff, the Ontiir Powerfist, and the Huntsman's Utility Belt) in his gadget pool. Technically speaking, you're not allowed to place one framework inside another.

Of course if you have GM permission, that's not a problem.

:)

Originally posted by Gary

I didn't do more than skim the characters, but I noticed that Vetali has Regenerate 1 stun per turn costs end for a cost of 3 real points.

Couldn't she simply spend 2 pts for +1 Rec and get the same stun "Regeneration" at less cost, no End expenditure, the ability to "Regenerate" End, and Persistence?

It wasn't much of an ability, but it did have her waking up from being GM'd, etc...

At -21 STUN she'd still get that one STUN back.

And the point costs weren't an issue since we weren't going for complete point balancing. She was one of the more expensive PCs.

Originally posted by Gary

It looks like Scavenger is placing multipowers (The CORE Agent Powerstaff, the Ontiir Powerfist, and the Huntsman's Utility Belt) in his gadget pool. Technically speaking, you're not allowed to place one framework inside another.

Of course if you have GM permission, that's not a problem.

:)

Actually, I didn't have any control of what was in the pool. Sam decided which gadgets Scavenger had had access to. Though it's larger than it was when the campaign started due to a couple villian encounters.

Originally posted by lemming

It wasn't much of an ability, but it did have her waking up from being GM'd, etc...

At -21 STUN she'd still get that one STUN back.

And the point costs weren't an issue since we weren't going for complete point balancing. She was one of the more expensive PCs.

Then you should get rid of the costs end. Nothing that costs end works if you're unconscious.

Originally posted by lemming

Actually, I didn't have any control of what was in the pool. Sam decided which gadgets Scavenger had had access to. Though it's larger than it was when the campaign started due to a couple villian encounters.

That's cool. It's merely an issue you should be aware of. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Blazer

Blazer is the daughter of two UN diplomats and at first wanted to follow her parents career. That changed when it was found she was a mutant and shipped off to a special school.

While there, she still kept up her studies, but along with some of her fellow students explored music. Then of course was the usual being attacked by supervillians.

After graduation, she and others formed a punk band that while critically acclaimed, was always torn apart by internal conflicts.

Nearly ten years later, Michelle now does scores for films with the occasional crimefighting.

-----

Notes:

She's from a diferent campaign.

Character sheet has somes blatant rules breaking.

She has two absorptions, one of which that feeds into all her flame powers including the absorptions. In theory, there's no actual limit. Practically, she shouldn't be able to get a higher power level than the source. I'll be revisiting this in any case.

------

attachment.php?attachmentid=2987

Blazer

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
26 DEX 48
23 CON 26
15 BODY 10
18 INT 8
18 EGO 16
18 PRE 8
22 COM 6
8/28 PD 5
8/28 ED 3
5 SPD 14
8 REC 0
40 END -3
35 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 146

Cost Power END
38 Elemental Control: Elemental Control, 76-point powers
38 1) Flame Blast: Energy Blast 12d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points) [Notes: +1d6/5.0] 3
42 2) Force Field (20 PD/20 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (80 Active Points) [Notes: +1/1 FF /4]
38 3) Flight 30", Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points) [Notes: 1"/2.5] 3
38 4) Abs -> EC: Absorption 3d6 (energy, 0), Can Absorb Maximum Of 34 Points' Worth Of Energy Damage, Delayed Return Rate (5 Points per Minute; +1/4), All Powers Simultaneously (+2) (75 Active Points) [Notes: +1d6/25 & +1 Max/5]
38 5) Abs -> #4: Absorption 4d6 (energy, 0), Can Absorb Maximum Of 104 Points' Worth Of Energy Damage, Delayed Return Rate (5 Points per Minute; +1/4) (75 Active Points) [Notes: +1d6/18.75 <-> +1 max/1]
38 6) Heat resistance: (Total: 76 Active Cost, 76 Real Cost) Absorption 5d6 (energy, 0) (Real Cost: 25) plus Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (Real Cost: 30) plus Armor (7 PD/7 ED) (Real Cost: 21) [Notes: +1d6 Absorb/7.4

3/4 Reduction @ 37

+ 1/1 armor / 10.36]

41 7) CE: Heat + Light: Change Environment 8" radius, +7 Temperature Level Adjustment, Long-Lasting 20 Minutes, Varying Combat Effects, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (79 Active Points) [Notes: 1"/5]
67 8) RKA DS: RKA 2d6, +1 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Damage Shield (Offensive; +3/4), Continuous (+1) (105 Active Points) [Notes: +1DC/17.5]
4 Life Support (Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat)
6 Mental Defense (10 points total)
5 Power Defense (5 points)
12 Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points), Hardened (+1/4) (12 Active Points)
5 Infrared Perception (Sight Group)
Powers Cost: 410

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
4 Fast Strike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, 5d6 Strike
4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
3 Flying Tackle: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -1 DCV, 3d6 +v/5 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls; FMove
Martial Arts Cost: 15

Cost Skill
20 +2 Overall Levels
3 Breakfall 14-
3 Mimicry 13-
3 Paramedic 13-
3 Acting 13-
3 Bureaucratics 13-
3 High Society 13-
3 Persuasion 13-
3 Jack of All Trades
2 1) PS: Guitarist (3 Active Points) 13-
2 2) PS: Scoring (3 Active Points) 13-
2 3) PS: Singer (3 Active Points) 13-
2 4) PS: Songwriting (3 Active Points) 13-
3 KS: Music 13-
3 Linguist
1 1) Language: French (Fluent Conversation) (2 Active Points)
1 2) Language: German (Fluent Conversation) (2 Active Points)
1 3) Language: Italian (Fluent Conversation) (2 Active Points)
1 4) Language: Japanese (Fluent Conversation) (2 Active Points)
1 5) Language: Russian (Fluent Conversation) (2 Active Points)
2 6) Language: Spanish (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)
1 7) Language: Swedish (Fluent Conversation) (2 Active Points)
Skills Cost: 66

Cost Perk
4 Fringe Benefit: I'm with the Band, Passport
5 Money: Well Off
Perks Cost: 9

Cost Talent
3 Perfect Pitch
Talents Cost: 3

Total Character Cost: 649

Val Disadvantages
15 Public Identity: Frequently (11-), Major
20 Code Against Killing: Common, Total
10 Punk Rep: , Frequently (11-)
20 Hunted: 11- (Frequently), As Powerful, NCI, Harshly Punish
10 Hatred of H2O attacks: Uncommon, Strong
20 No Tact: Common, Total
5 Rivalry: Professional (; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
10 Tatoos: Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses

Disadvantage Points: 110

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 339

Total Experience Available: 339