Not him!

Tech

I had a big race war in my game. The primary bad guys were the racists on both sides of the color line. The strange thing was that the PCs never had problems with the Super-Arian Nation but god forbid they actually run into The Brotherhood. The leaders name was Messiah and man did they hate/love him.

The other bad guy that was really memorable was the Lannister family in my fantasy game. One of the players witnessed something that he found offensive and challenged Jaime Lannister to a duel. Jaime sicked his mercenary champion on the PC knight. The pc screamed "When I am done with your man I am gonna come for you Lannister." To witch the Merc replied "When I am done with you I am gonna @#&*# you in the *($@#."

Stunned silence. Serious dice rolling. Tense moments. Player looses. DM makes the player leave the room. Player comes back "Have I been violated?"

After that blood pressure went up in 90% of the players whenever a Lannister came into play.

The villain my players most hated to see wasn't the most powerful, not by a long shot. They'd handled far more powerful than him.

He wasn't the most brutal, vicious, or most likely to kill large amounts of innocent bystanders on a whim.

No, it was simply that he talked, non-stop, in a snivling, self-serving, nasal whine.

The most hated recurring villain I've ever run is...

[drumroll, please]

...Occulon!

Yes, that's right...not Dr. Destroyer, not Terror, Inc., not Eurostar or Firewing, but Occulon!

It was amazingly easy to keep up a non-stop flow of whiney diatribe during the combat...and you'd be AMAZED at the way these guys pushed attacks to UNLOAD on him with everything they had, just to get him to SHUT UP!

I have a group of mystical being known as the Elementals. There is Geo (Earth, the brick), Pyre (Fire, energy projector), Whelm (Water, energy projector/shape shifter) and Mariah (Air, invisible energy projector) all lead by Void.

He looks like a human-sized-black-hole, he makes no sound, and communicates by telepathy. He has mental powers, some drains useable at range, draining Damage shield, and all of his powers affect the real world when he is desolid. He does have a vulnerability, only none of the players know for sure what it is yet ::evil smirk::

He scares the spit out of my players.

Originally posted by Klytus

I have a group of mystical being known as the Elementals. There is Geo (Earth, the brick), Pyre (Fire, energy projector), Whelm (Water, energy projector/shape shifter) and Mariah (Air, invisible energy projector) all lead by Void.

He looks like a human-sized-black-hole, he makes no sound, and communicates by telepathy. He has mental powers, some drains useable at range, draining Damage shield, and all of his powers affect the real world when he is desolid. He does have a vulnerability, only none of the players know for sure what it is yet ::evil smirk::

He scares the spit out of my players.

Kly read the name of this thread to me. I took a couple of seconds only to come up with Void -- I have trouble with names -- but this dude is a pain in the tuckus.

See, I tend to play EPs, and none of the ones who have encountered him have the thing he's susceptible to. I can tell you it's not light (Photon Blue) or electricity (TerraStorm). Bricks can't touch him, he eats mentalists for breakfast. White Heat has never had the dubious pleasure, for which she is thankful, because of her own susceptibility to water (Void's teammate Whelm) -- water puts out all her flame powers and renders her a grounded normal, much in the line of Batman, but without the gadgets. This is annoying. Imagine the humiliation of the necessity of returning to PATRIOT's (Kly's PRIMUS) home base in the van with the normal PATRIOT agents, instead of your accustomed flight.

You know who did do that to White Heat? Photon Blue. Kly, dang him anyway, took PB and altered her just the merest bit, and turned her into Black Light, who managed to drench White Heat in the spray of a conveniently opened fire hydrant. I still have not forgiven Kly for using my own character against me, and winning. He will pay for that.

Until recently, Mercury was tops on most hated/feared for my players. She's a mercury elemental -- fluid body, heavy, poisonous. She was one of the nastiest of the Elementals (a whole group of chemical elementals), but for some reason she just drove them crazy.

Then, however, they encountered their own characters on a cross-time / alternate earth adventure. Panic ensued as soon as they realized who their new opponents were. Every. single. time. :D

I've run for different groups over time and one recurring bad guy I've used is the Archmage.

He's a bit of a combo of Archimago and Acererak. The funny thing is, they only faced him once.

A long running subplot was his agents here on earth taking steps to ensure that, at a certain time and day, he'd walk free from his prison in the Dead Dimension of Dread.

He would terrorize their dreams, hound them with nightmares.

And, I was able to take advantage of a PC who's player had to drop out for school reasons.

They had journeyed to his Dimension by accident.

To cow and impress them, he used the Petrification spell on the PC.

"STONE!" he intoned and the PC turned into a statue, which he then shattered with his fists of bone and ragged flesh.

They all blanched and ran for the exit.

One of the characteristics of his Dimension, and of the dreams he sent, was that the ground was made of black sand, cold black sand.

All I had to do was say: "You feel gritty sand under your feet, cold on your bare skin", and they'd freak.

The PCs did manage to stop him from walking free. :)