Martial Arts Weapons- EC or Multipower

Metaphysician

What power level - heroic, supers, etc? What's the SFX of the weapons? If they all come out of a 'bag-o-weapons' then an EC or MP would both be appropriate. (I'd go MP personally.) But if the weapons are carried on various parts of the body, and have various levels of concealability, then I would probably say none of the above; make them all sep. powers.

Aroooo

A Multipower is definitely the traditional way to go, since most of the time you just pull one weapon out and start fighting. If you plan to use multiple weapons at once, make sure the pool is appropriately large enough.

Since you can never use different EC slots together in an attack, an EC doesn't offer much advantage over a MP, and will probably cost more.

Would the base pool for a multipower then get the OIF disad, rather than OAF disad, since while its not possible to remove multiple weapons with one grab during combat, it is possible to take them away easily out of combat??

Also, in such a situation, if they were bought as an EC, could you apply OIF disad to the EC pool despite each individual power having OAF??

I would purchase the MP pool with the OAF Limitation, not the OIF. It's really no different than many other weapon-type Multipowers. This would be no different than Thunderbird's Blaster Arsenal or Black Harlequin's Fiendish Toychest MPs. You can grab some of the weapons, but due to the SFX you cannot grab them all.

I would not use the EC because I do not consider each weapon to be a "power stunt" of the main Elemental.