Another Transform Question

MistWing

Hi there. I have yet another question about Transform.

First, let me thank those of you who've replied to my earlier posts. I meant to thank you earlier, but got side-tracked and forgot. Sorry and thanks.

My question is another GMing question. Assume I have Transform, 0 end, Persistent, Continuous. As written, this power is 'deadly'... once it hits, the target will eventually transform. The most obvious limitations on this power would be to limit the number of d6's and to limit the amount of time it can work. Given that we play a rather high-point game and that the character is a 'Master Transformer' (actually a shape-shifter, but why quibble), what specific limits would you put on this power. The implied assumption of course, is that you allow this power in the first place.

Thanks

MistWing SilverTail

Because it is 0 END, Persistent, and Continuous, you need to specify a condition that shuts it off, and probably a duration as well.

Actually, if you're the GM, you can do whatever you want. Implying, of course, as long as the players enjoy it.

Regarding Limitations to place on it, we need a bit more specific info, I think. What is the SFX? How does it work? Anything else I haven't thought of?

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post. I got sidetracked.

This particular Transform idea is one that developed over time. I have a very weak version of the Transform. It's designed to be slow acting and very easy to stop (It's a kind-of magically created powder that sticks to the skin. Flowing water can inhibit the Transform and showering with soap can remove the power. Also, it takes about an hour for the Transform to be effective). Once the change occurs, however, it's REALLY hard to reverse it. Thus, the target has plenty of time to stop it. If she doesn't, she's in trouble. The idea behind the power was that, once we get in combat, the Transform forces the villian to worry about something else besides just us. It also provides a basis (and justification) for further Transform powers.

Moving ahead in time a bit, I was recently working on improving my Entangle power when it occured to me that there were certain styles of entrapment that the Entangle doesn't handle. Specifically, I was re-reading an older Marvel comic where Sue Richards traps the Wasp in one of her force bubbles. It occured to me that a similar trap, where the Damsel-In Distress is shrunk to about 6 inches tall and trapped in a crystal ball, couldn't be made with Entangle. The only way I could think of doing this was with a Transform.

Once I started thinking about it, I tried to develop it. My problem came about because of my afore-mentioned Transform. Since it was already 0 end, cummulative, it could do the job with only minor revisions. However, I wanted it to be faster than one hour... more like a turn or two. This would necessarily increase the strength of the Transform and thus, my question... how strong would you allow such a Transform? I want to get a feel for what others would allow so that I can present a (somewhat) balanced power to the GM.

My comments about us playing a high-point game were made to let you know that we think nothing of having a reasonably high-point power. My Entangle, for instance, is 20D6, 0 end... a monster in most games.

Thanks

MistWing SilverTail