Omlevex Preview

CynthiaCM

I love the feel of the layout and the chr backstory done in back Issue recaps. It reminds me of Alan Moore's 1963 series crossed with a period issue of Astro City. This thing oozes flavor.

I was prepared for the foux publishing history but it was surprising how well it works as GM speak as well. Most of the enemy books give you the character with only brief role description ala, world conqueror, thug, stone killer etc.

That isn't a bad thing, most enemies are reasonably straight forword. This has a much deeper feel, after reading it, Drake had a sense of history, personality and modus operandi, and that is always useful for a gm trying to make a memorable session.

The supporting cast section is also very useful for actual inclusion of the charcter into a campain. Considering how often writeups have a dnpc disads it seems amazing that nobody has done this before.

Nice job, and of course the abundant art is very much appreciated, I particularly like the panel piece with the thought ballons.

Originally posted by Redmenace

I love the feel of the layout and the chr backstory done in back Issue recaps. It reminds me of Alan Moore's 1963 series crossed with a period issue of Astro City. This thing oozes flavor.

That's very high praise indeed. Thank you very much.

I was prepared for the foux publishing history but it was surprising how well it works as GM speak as well. Most of the enemy books give you the character with only brief role description ala, world conqueror, thug, stone killer etc.

That isn't a bad thing, most enemies are reasonably straight forword. This has a much deeper feel, after reading it, Drake had a sense of history, personality and modus operandi, and that is always useful for a gm trying to make a memorable session.

Actually, that's what we were going for. Our goal was to make the reader stop from time to time, scratch his head and wonder if maybe there really was an Omlevex Comics Group.

Hopefully in doing so the characters and setting will truly come to life, making it far more enthralling for the GM and players. That's our intent, in any case.

The supporting cast section is also very useful for actual inclusion of the charcter into a campain. Considering how often writeups have a dnpc disads it seems amazing that nobody has done this before.

Thanks. Believe it or not, I wasn't originally going to include them in the book. I figured people would want stats for all the supporting cast and we simply didn't have room to include them, considering we'd have to do so for three systems.

Nice job, and of course the abundant art is very much appreciated, I particularly like the panel piece with the thought ballons.

I'm glad you like the art. The book contains well over 70 pieces, so hopefully you'll enjoy the rest of it as well. :)

Me Am Want Book!

Originally posted by CynthiaCM

With Omlevex getting ready to head to the printers, we figured a preview was in order.

Yay! Let all of us here know when it ships from the printers, ok?

That way we know to go pester the gaming store people to get us a copy.

I'd pre-order, but the distributor rep "wouldn't know anything about it" and so it's easier for me to see it's released and then pester the gaming store guy...

D

Re: Me Am Want Book!

Originally posted by misterdeath

Yay! Let all of us here know when it ships from the printers, ok?

That way we know to go pester the gaming store people to get us a copy.

I'd pre-order, but the distributor rep "wouldn't know anything about it" and so it's easier for me to see it's released and then pester the gaming store guy...

D

You bet. We'll have a full-blown press release for it when the time comes. I'll post it here in the "Omlevex Universe" thread to avoid having a whole bunch of Omlevex threads and annoying the moderators with 'em. :)