Fansites and SH

Polaris

Hiya all!

Like many of you, I was VERY disappointed to learn of DoJ's decision to scale back the production schedule of Star Hero. I know that an idea was presented in another thread to have fans put up Star Hero (in particular TE) websites.

Has anyone put up anything, or is anyone planning on doing so? I know that there are four sites in the links, and all the sites are still up (they are really quite good).

Polaris

I'm in the process of building up a TE campaign site, and converting stuff from my old 4th Ed. space opera campaign (which has its own sub-site) which was loosely set in Jack vance's "Gaean Reach" milieu. There's a reasonable amount of stuff there, but you do have to jump back and forth between the two campaign sites for it. You can get to them from http://fitz.jsr.com/roleplay/herosystem.html

I'm currently considering merging some of the tech from the old campaign into the current TE campaign; for example, making personal force field generators a bit more bulky and less convenient, to reflect their relative youth (technologically speaking). Changes like that I put up on the website whenever I can get around to it.

Re: Fansites and SH

Originally posted by Polaris

Hiya all!

Like many of you, I was VERY disappointed to learn of DoJ's decision to scale back the production schedule of Star Hero. I know that an idea was presented in another thread to have fans put up Star Hero (in particular TE) websites.

Has anyone put up anything, or is anyone planning on doing so? I know that there are four sites in the links, and all the sites are still up (they are really quite good).

Polaris

I was part of that group of folks, but it never materialized - maybe due to lack of interest, or at least feedback.

I'm still willing to host a fan site if there's interest.

Aroooo

I was playing with the idea of starting up a site at one time, but I couldn't think of what I would place in it. I don't have a complex SH 'world' of my own and I don't have a nice conversion like Aroooo has...

I was thinking of a site with the following subject matter:

*Normal equipment

*Ship write-ups

*BIO and Cyber modifications

*More star systems written up

*BBS/forum type system

* maybe cross reference sections by tech lvl and race.

but most of this is already covered by this (the hero) site.

Any ideas... I would agree that more SH (TE) info/sites would be nice, but what would you placed on them that would not infringe on what HERO has already done, be different enough, and useful to warrant creating a site?

Drakkenkin

Originally posted by Drakkenkin

I was playing with the idea of starting up a site at one time, but I couldn't think of what I would place in it. I don't have a complex SH 'world' of my own and I don't have a nice conversion like Aroooo has...

Thanks !

Originally posted by Drakkenkin

I was thinking of a site with the following subject matter:

*Normal equipment

*Ship write-ups

*BIO and Cyber modifications

*More star systems written up

*BBS/forum type system

* maybe cross reference sections by tech lvl and race.

but most of this is already covered by this (the hero) site.

Any ideas... I would agree that more SH (TE) info/sites would be nice, but what would you placed on them that would not infringe on what HERO has already done, be different enough, and useful to warrant creating a site?

Drakkenkin

As long as it did not conflict with TE, Alien Wars, or future products directly, I don't see much wrong with doing a generic Star Hero fan(dom) site. I agree that gear & ships written for TE should be sumbitted to Ben for inclusion in the online database here. But adventure settings - meaning here's my TE campaign site, come see what we're doing - adventure ideas, general Star Hero gear writeups, starship conversions, etc. would fall into the realm of fair play. And it would save DOJ the worries of copyright patrol.

Aroooo

... I see ...

well... if it sounds good to others I'll see what I can whip up. Right now, with my studies the way they are, I don't have a large amount of "free" time. It will be slow (very slow) for me to get going but I'll see what I can create and once it is in a decent state I'll see what people think ... but only if there is a decent amount of interest.

Drakkenkin