Adaptive Multipower

Photon1966

WE played in a game a few years ago and we used a multipower for elves that allowed them to adapt to different environments. It was a 10 point multipower, with each slot costing one. The pool cost 3 character points. An example would be Swimming +4", +1 Stealth, 30 END Battery with a 1 Rec only for swimming, or Forest +2" run, +1 AK Forest, +1 Hearing, +1 w/stealth,track, climb. This allowed elves to adapt to what ever place they happen to be in.

Now the problem is this was years ago, I know I got it off iether a web site or from a Hero book but I have no idea. What limits were applied to the 10 point multipower to get it to 3 points? Now as I recall this was something they could just do, no concentration, no time, or gestures or incantations, I don't really recall. Any ideas would be helpful or is this just too powerful an ability to give players?

Thanks Again

Well, it would need a -2 limitations. That's hard to just pull out of thin air. :) I would do it with Extra Time, 5 Minutes, which is a -1. This would represent that being in an area for 5 minutes would cause the elf to "adapt" to the most adaptive slot. This would put the pool at 5 points which is not to bad compared to 3 points.

It would probably be a -0 Limitation that you can't choose the non-adoptive slot. I would also limit the number of slots to be large and vague: Forest, Desert, Water, Snow, etc...

I understand you wont to use a MP, so maybe for you it's important to have a fixed slot or some predefined effects, but I would make up something like you have said with a VPP.

Elemental adaption VPP

Pool 5 CP

Control Cost 2, no skill Roll required +1 AP 4, PC has no choice whebn or how the powers change -1, limited class of powers (only for elemental adaption) -1/2 Real Cost 2

If a race need somthing more it could be taken with a 10 CP pool

Pool 10 CP

Control Cost 5 PC no skill Roll required +1 AP 10 no controls change -1, lim class (only for elemental adaption) -1/2 Real Cost 4

to be truer to my vision I would add in:

Gradual Effect 5 minutes -3/4