Super Villain Dilemma

Kzinbane

The super heroes are SO suspicious now I don't know if I could kidnap one without doing an "act of GM" - which I try not to do very often.

I have a good idea of what Demonicus will do. There is some chance involved but what fun is a scheme that is foolproof? Fun is the first job of a super villain after all - must be able to laugh maniacally on occasion! Let the heroes be the serious ones.

Start the ceremony and wait for the heroes to arrive, then go down on one knee and propose marriage to the prettiest heroine that shows up with the caveat that you will cease and desist if she says yes.

Have holy person on hand to do the ceremony and vouch for your good intentions. If it doesnt work out, demons like having Holy People sacrificed to them. Bring along the church choir too. Hordes of screaming panicking Spd 2 normals add ambience.

Oh and don't forget to hire an old woman to play your mom and cry the whole time.

Then at the pivotal moment reveal that the wedding decorations are actually magical enhancers and you've made the spell Area Effect. Everyone inside the ring of decorations (and isnt everyone?) except you and the nukular babe, are headed to Midas Land.

Originally posted by Kzinbane

The super heroes are SO suspicious now I don't know if I could kidnap one without doing an "act of GM" - which I try not to do very often.

A flase pretense, an illusion, some scheduled alone time with a contact or DNPC. You only need a second to vanish someone, especially with the right combo of tailored kidnapping preparations. Something old-school and mundane to stop the gesturing and the incanting and the crying out for help, like a good old-fashioned sap to the base of the skull. Does he have danger sense?

We ended up having a short game so the full moon and major tussle is 2 weeks away (Gamestorm convention next weekend). Ol' Demonicus will have 2 more weeks to think about what to do, though he came up with a great idea last night which will be hard to beat even with 2 more weeks of scheming time.

I still think we should have a super villain forum. We GM's can "channel" our favorite villains and discuss villianous things, plots, super weapons we have built and generally crow and gloat over how we have rubbed super hero noses in do-do.

1) If your problem is detects, set up plenty of things to detect. Decoys, my friend. If the heroes have to split up to check out all the different leads, so much the better.

2) Dry Run. Set up a ceremony as a trap to lure the heroes. Capture them. Then next month you can do your business for real.

3) Give them something ELSE to worry about. If there is another event taking place elsewhere that is a huge problem for them (or the city) then they will have to fix that first, while you perform your ceremony.