3 PD 1
2 ED 0
3 SPD 7
4 REC 0
24 END 0
24 STUN 0
5" RUN02" SWIM02" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 26
Cost Skill
0 Language: Old Worlder (fluent conversation; Everyman Skill)
0 Language: Reikspiel (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
0 Climbing 8-
0 Conversation 8-
0 Deduction 8-
7 Tracking 13-
6 Stealth (Everyman Skill) 14-
6 Shadowing (Everyman Skill) 13-
15 +3 with Ranged Combat
3 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Crossbows
4 Penalty Skill Levels: +2 vs. Range Modifier with Crossbows
1 PS (Everyman Skill) 11-
0 AK: The Empire 8-
0 KS: The Empire 8-
0 KS 8-
Skills Cost: 42
Cost Talent
7 Deadly Blow: +1d6 (Only with a Crossbow)
Talents Cost: 7
Cost Equipment END
5 Chainmail: Armor (6 PD/3 ED) (14 Active Points); Mass (Normal; -1), OIF (-1/2), Real Armor (-1/4) [Notes: Standard chain armor.]
6 Crossbow, Light: RKA 1d6+1, Range Modifier +1 (+1/4), 12 Recoverable Charges (+1/4) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 12 (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; -1), Extra Time (Extra Phase, 1 Phase to reload between shots; -3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Concentration, throughout (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4), Beam (-1/4) [Notes: BODY: 4DEF: 4Range: 140"]
11 Sword, Broad: HKA 1d6+1, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 12 (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4)
Equipment costs shown above are for reference only, and are not included in Total Cost.
Val Disadvantages
0 Normal Characteristic Maxima
15 Distinctive Features: Wide scare around his neck caused by a lynching (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15 Psychological Limitation: Bound By Duty (Common, Strong)
Disadvantage Points: 30

Base Points: 30Experience Required: 15Total Experience Available: 25Experience Unspent: 10Total Character Cost: 75

Height: 1.81 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 90.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Adolphus is of medium height and stocky build. He has a wide scar around his neck from when he was almost lynched by a group of bandits. This also damaged his throat and he now has great difficulty in breathing properly, causing him to speak with a slow, wheezing voice that is quite sinister.Personality: he is a determined tracker of his prey and uses any means at his disposal to bring them to justice or a swift end. he follows his prey tirelessly and, unlike some Bounty Hunters, Adolphus does not rest until he is successful.Quote:Background: Alolphus has been a Bounty Hunter for 6 years and during this time he has turned in or killed large numbers of criminals.Powers/Tactics: Campaign Use: Adolphus has followed "Kastor's" trail from Altdorf to Weissbruck, where he confronts them, in an attempt to capture or kill the double and anyone else who gets in his way.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Midhir

1. The truck has wheels, I'd be more impressed if he was pulling the same weight without wheels. Its kinna why we invented wheels makes it easier to move greater amounts of weight. I can push my jeep, but I sure as hell can't lift it.

2. He is only dead lifting the back end of a little sports car, impressive but not exactly lifting a few feet off the ground (since the whole care isn't off the ground), staggering a few steps, etc.

25 STR is 1750 lbs off the ground, thats over 3/4 of a ton.

I'm sure your conversion works great for the kinna campaign you play (High Fantasy) but if I used it to convert the WFRP NPCs they would be kicking my 60 pt PCs buts up and down the Reik.

HEROs STR is "BARELY GET OFF THE GROUND" not lift several feet. The listed STR lift capacity is the total maximum possible outside limit that a character can even budge.

What Im saying is that the Cavalry Officer in WHFRPG is not intended as a reasonable threat for starting characters in that game so I dont see why you would expect it to be a reasonable threat for starting characters when converted into the HERO System either.

Take the Cavalry Officers stat profile and then page thru the bestiary comparing it against other things wandering around, or even just compare it against other full characters in the books.

The Cavalry Officer could easily kill two, maybe three Ogres at a time. More if his luck held out. Note he's as strong as an Ogre also -- thats a super buff extreme example , and IMO using it as the baseline for a conversion is going to throw all the more normal characters conversion off kilter.

As far as the semi being wheeled, the curb weight on that alone is an impressive amount of weight. Its a bit harder than pushing a Jeep, wheels or no. Im just pointing out that extreme example of humanity can do some pretty remarkable things when it comes to applying STR. Trying to take that as a baseline (as is the case w/ you take a S5 super elite troop and map its STR = 15) is going to seriously compress "normal" peoples STR. Its generally better to compare Avg to Avg, Max to Max rather than Max to slightly Above Avg (as is the case when you set a S5, the maximum possible for a human in WHFRPG, and really rare, and mapping that into a 15 STR, which is extremely common in a Fantasy HERO millieu, even in a 50 or 75 point game).

I suppose I was just hoping that your WH material would be more mainstream and I would be able to use it, saving me a lot of work. However, if you are compressing the spread that much its just not going to be of much use to me and Im a little dissapointed about it. :(

But, if it works for you it works for you. Game on!

I'm not using the Cavalry Officer as a baseline, but I also don't consider them the upper most limit for humans in the Old World. I went through the beastiary for WFRP and the numbers can get a bit scewed because the stats just don't truely represent the same things or their effect on the game world.

I will publish both low and high fantasy conversions though so the information will be more useful.

Adolphus Kuftsos (HF)Adolphus KuftsosPlayer: GM

Val Char Cost
20 STR 20
16 DEX 18
15 CON 10
12 BODY 4
11 INT 1
16 EGO 12
11 PRE 1
10 COM 0
4 PD 0
3 ED 0
3 SPD 4
7 REC 0
30 END 0
30 STUN 0
7" RUN02" SWIM04" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 70
Cost Skill
7 Tracking 13-
10 +2 with Ranged Combat
7 Stealth 14-
7 Shadowing 13-
3 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Crossbows
16 +2 with All Combat
20 +4 with Ranged Combat
Skills Cost: 70
Cost Talent
10 Deadly Blow: +1d6 (any circumstances, any HTH weapon)
Talents Cost: 10
Cost Equipment END
5 Chainmail: Armor (6 PD/3 ED) (14 Active Points); Mass (Normal; -1), OIF (-1/2), Real Armor (-1/4) [Notes: Standard chain armor.]
6 Crossbow, Light: RKA 1d6+1, Range Modifier +1 (+1/4), 12 Recoverable Charges (+1/4) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 12 (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; -1), Extra Time (Extra Phase, 1 Phase to reload between shots; -3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Concentration, throughout (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4), Beam (-1/4) [Notes: BODY: 4DEF: 4Range: 140"]
11 Sword, Broad: HKA 1d6+1 (1 1/2d6 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 12 (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4)
Equipment costs shown above are for reference only, and are not included in Total Cost.
Val Disadvantages
15 Distinctive Features: Wide scare around his neck caused by a lynching (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15 Psychological Limitation: Bound By Duty (Common, Strong)
Disadvantage Points: 30

Base Points: 30Experience Required: 90Total Experience Available: 5Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 150

Height: 1.81 m Hair: Brown
Appearance: Adolphus is of medium height and stocky build. He has a wide scar around his neck from when he was almost lynched by a group of bandits. This also damaged his throat and he now has great difficulty in breathing properly, causing him to speak with a slow, wheezing voice that is quite sinister.Personality: he is a determined tracker of his prey and uses any means at his disposal to bring them to justice or a swift end. he follows his prey tirelessly and, unlike some Bounty Hunters, Adolphus does not rest until he is successful.Quote:Background: Alolphus has been a Bounty Hunter for 6 years and during this time he has turned in or killed large numbers of criminals.Powers/Tactics: Campaign Use: Adolphus has followed "Kastor's" trail from Altdorf to Weissbruck, where he confronts them, in an attempt to capture or kill the double and anyone else who gets in his way.

Max Ernst (HF)Max ErnstPlayer: GM

Val Char Cost
20 STR 20
14 DEX 12
15 CON 10
12 BODY 4
12 INT 2
17 EGO 14
10 PRE 0
10 COM 0
4 PD 0
3 ED 0
3 SPD 6
7 REC 0
30 END 0
30 STUN 0
7" RUN02" SWIM04" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 68
Cost Power END
7 Strike to Stun: HKA 1 point (1/2d6 w/STR), +2 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/2) (7 Active Points) 1
Powers Cost: 7
Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
4 Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 30 STR to Disarm roll
4 Street Fighting: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 6d6 Strike
4 Dodge Blow: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
Martial Arts Cost: 12
Cost Skill
3 Riding 12-
2 WF: Common Melee Weapons
5 +2 with HTH Combat (10 Active Points); Only to offset Hit Location Penalty (-1)
20 +4 with HTH Combat
Skills Cost: 30
Cost Talent
10 Deadly Blow: +1d6 (any circumstances, any HTH weapon)
Talents Cost: 10
Cost Equipment END
2 Heavy Black Leather: Armor (2 PD/2 ED) (6 Active Points); Mass (Normal; -1), OIF (-1/2), Real Armor (-1/4) [Notes: Like Soft Leather, but thicker, stiffer, and heavier. This looks much less like ordinary clothes than Soft Leather, but may be mistaken for clothes at a distance, in bad light, or if well-made.]
9 Rapier: HKA 1d6 (1d6+1 w/STR), OCV +1 (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (26 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 10 (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4)
6 Dagger: HKA 1d6-1 (1d6+1 w/STR), Range Based On STR (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (17 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 6 (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4)
Val Disadvantages
15 Distinctive Features: Scare down left side of face from forehead to jaw (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
Disadvantage Points: 15

Base Points: 30Experience Required: 82Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 127

Height: 1.85 m Hair: Black
Weight: 85.00 kg Eyes: Blue
Appearance: He never wears any colour other than black, and rarely says anything that does not contain some sort of insult.Personality: He is a mean-looking cold-blooded sadist. Those who know him do their best to stay out of his way.Quote:Why don't you country bumpkins wash the swill off you before you enter a civilised city?Background: Ernst has a reputation around Altdorf as a very accomplished protagonist and a person to be avoided if at all possible. Ernst is a heartless and brutal thug.Powers/Tactics: Campaign Use: 

Do those convert over better for High Fantasy use?

I've created an excel sheet that does both high and low fantasy in one sheet (only 1 data entry needed) and also gives an avarage of the 2 for a medium setting.

Its uploaded under the original post on the first page.

I like the write-ups. They are a little strong (without knowing if they are suppost to be brutes). The 100% deadly blow could be unbalancing and they seem a little skills lite to me but I also run heroic level games and these guys are in the same field.

Well Adolphus is a bounty hunter and good at what he does. I will be modifing the Deadly Blow to be used only with his Crossbow as he seems to show an affinity for its use (kills two cultists that are following the PCs group with a bolt for each).

Max is a deadly protagonist with a reputation in Altdorf that keeps people at bay, but I'll be modifing his to be used only with swords.

Thanks for the input, most WFRP skills are universal and work with all attacks, but I can see I have to be a little more reserved in the conversions.

Also should be noted that I use a custom Fantasy Hero Template that includes the MANA & MRC stats and increases the cost of STR to 2 points. It also has all the Old World Languages in place of the standard Hero choices and computes Running based on STR/5+DEX/5.

Oh and KS what export template do you use for your character posts on the boards?

Low FantasyKlaus SchattigerPlayer: GM

Val Char Cost
12 STR 4
13 DEX 9
12 CON 4
12 BODY 4
12 INT 2
8 EGO -4
11 PRE 1
13 COM 2
3 PD 1
2 ED 0
2 SPD 0
4 REC 0
24 END 0
24 STUN 0
5" RUN02" SWIM02" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 23
Cost Skill
1 Language: Old Worlder (fluent conversation; Everyman Skill, literate)
1 Language: Reikspiel (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)
0 Climbing 8-
0 Concealment 8-
8 Conversation (Everyman Skill) 14-
0 Deduction 8-
0 Shadowing 8-
0 Stealth 8-
1 PS: Entrepreneur (Everyman Skill) 11-
0 KS: History of The Empire 8-
0 KS: Religion of Sigmar 8-
5 +1 with Ranged Combat
3 Blather: Skill vs INT Roll to confuse for a number of phases equal to the difference 11-
3 Persuasion 11-
3 Oratory 11-
2 +1 with Conversation
Skills Cost: 27
Cost Equipment END
1 Soft Leather: Armor (1 PD/1 ED) (3 Active Points); Mass (Normal; -1), Jacket (Protects Locations 7-13; -1), OIF (-1/2), Real Armor (-1/4) [Notes: Any untreated, medium-weight leather (animal skin). It often resembles ordinary leather clothing, and in fact most leather garb counts as Soft Leather.]
6 Dagger: HKA 1d6-1, Range Based On STR (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (17 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 6 (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4)
Val Disadvantages
5 Distinctive Features: dresses in garish clothes with bright and violently clashing colours (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
5 Reputation: Showmen, 8-
Disadvantage Points: 10

Base Points: 30Experience Required: 10Total Experience Available: 10Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 50

Height: 1.72 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 70.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: He is of indeterminate age, probably somewhere between twenty and forty years old, and dresses in garish clothes with bright and violently clashing colours.Personality: Quote:Background: Schattiger is typical of the small-time showmen who work the fairs of the Old World. Powers/Tactics: Campaign Use: 

Low FantasyCrusher BraugenPlayer: GM

Val Char Cost
15 STR 10
10 DEX 0
14 CON 8
13 BODY 6
8 INT -2
6 EGO -8
6 PRE -4
8 COM -1
4 PD 1
3 ED 0
3 SPD 10
6 REC 0
28 END 0
28 STUN 0
5" RUN02" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 20
Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
4 Street Fighting: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 5d6 Strike
3 Wrestling: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 25 STR for holding on
Martial Arts Cost: 7
Cost Skill
0 Language (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
0 Climbing 8-
0 Concealment 8-
0 Conversation 8-
0 Deduction 8-
0 Shadowing 8-
0 Stealth 8-
0 PS 8-
0 AK: Home Land 8-
0 KS 8-
0 KS 8-
10 +2 with HTH Combat
Skills Cost: 10
Cost Talent
4 Deadly Blow: +1d6 (with HTH)
5 +2 Increased STUN Multiplier
Talents Cost: 9
Val Disadvantages
Disadvantage Points: 0

Base Points: 30Experience Required: 16Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 46

Height: 1.91 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 100.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Usually seen stripped to the waist.

Personality: He and Schattiger have enjoyed a mutually beneficial partnership for several years - Schattiger draws the crowds and looks after the cash, and Braugen does the fighting. The two trust each other implicitly, but the rest of the world is fair game.Quote:Background: The 'champion' is 'Crusher' Braugen, a huge, heavily-built man in his late thirties.Powers/Tactics: Braugen fights using a mixture of wrestling and dirty street fighting. He will generally circle the challenger warily for the first few rounds, and will not use his skills until a few turns into the bout. He will always try to seem less skilled than he is, to avoid discouraging further challenges.Campaign Use: Stands in the middle of the ring, waiting for the next challenger. He is breathing heavily, and appears on the verge of exhaustion. Any character that makes a successful INT Roll, will realise that this is all part of the presentation; if the champion appears to be too tough, there will be fewer willing challengers.

Originally posted by Midhir

Well Adolphus is a bounty hunter and good at what he does. I will be modifing the Deadly Blow to be used only with his Crossbow as he seems to show an affinity for its use (kills two cultists that are following the PCs group with a bolt for each).

Max is a deadly protagonist with a reputation in Altdorf that keeps people at bay, but I'll be modifing his to be used only with swords.

Thanks for the input, most WFRP skills are universal and work with all attacks, but I can see I have to be a little more reserved in the conversions.

Also should be noted that I use a custom Fantasy Hero Template that includes the MANA & MRC stats and increases the cost of STR to 2 points. It also has all the Old World Languages in place of the standard Hero choices and computes Running based on STR/5+DEX/5.

Oh and KS what export template do you use for your character posts on the boards?

One I made for myself. Its included in this zip w/ a few others:

Low Fantasy

Combat Information Page

Character Name: Klaus Schattiger

Alternate Identities: Entrepreneur

Player Name: GM

attachment.php?s=&postid=101723
CHARACTERISTICS CHARACTER IMAGE
Val Char Base Points Total Roll Notes
12 STR 10 4 12 11- HTH Damage 2d6 END [2]
13 DEX 10 9 13 12- OCV 4 DCV 4
12 CON 10 4 12 11-
12 BODY 10 4 12 11-
12 INT 10 2 12 11- PER Roll 11-
8 EGO 10 -4 8 11- ECV: 3
11 PRE 10 1 11 11- PRE Attack: 2d6
13 COM 10 2 13 12-

3 PD 2 1 3   3 PD (0 rPD)
2 ED 2 0 2   2 ED (0 rED)
2 SPD 2.3 0 2   Phases: 6, 12
4 REC 4 0 4  
24 END 24 0 24  
24 STUN 24 0 24    
5" Running 5 0 5"    
2" Swimming 2 0 2"    
2"/1"" Leaping 2 0 2" 23 Total Characteristics Points
EXPERIENCE POINTS
Total earned: 10
Spent: 10
Unspent: 0
Base Points: 30
Disad Points: 10
Total Points: 50
MOVEMENT
Type Total
Run (5) 5" [10" NC]
Swim (2) 2" [4" NC]
H. Leap (2") 2"
V. Leap (1") 1"
APPEARANCE
Hair Color:  Brown
Eye Color:  Brown
Height:  1.72 m
Weight:  70.00 kg
Description:
He is of indeterminate age, probably somewhere between twenty and forty years old, and dresses in garish clothes with bright and violently clashing colours.

DEFENSES
Type Amount Notes
Physical Defense 3 Current BODY:
Res. Phys. Defense 0  
Energy Defense 2 Current END:
Res. Energy Defense 0  
Mental Defense 0 Current STUN:
Power Defense 0  
COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV: 4 DCV: 4

Combat Skill Levels: +1 with Ranged Combat
COMBAT MANEUVERS
Maneuver Phase OCV DCV Effect
Block 1/2 +0 +0 Block, abort
Brace 0 +2 1/2 +2 vs. Range Mod.
Disarm 1/2 -2 +0 Can disarm
Dodge 1/2 -- +3 Abort, vs. all attacks
Grab 1/2 -1 -2 Grab two limbs
Grab By 1/2 -3 -4 Move and Grab
Haymaker 1/2* +0 -5 +4 DC attack damage
Move By 1/2 -2 -2 STR/2 + v/5
Move Through 1/2 -v/5 -3 STR + v/3
Set 1 +1 +0 Ranged Attacks only
Strike 1/2 +0 +0 STR or weapon
COMBAT MODIFIERS
Range 0-4 5-8 9-16 17-32 33-64 65-128
RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

EQUIPMENT
Equipment END
Soft Leather: Armor (1 PD/1 ED) (3 Active Points); Mass (Normal; -1), Jacket (Protects Locations 7-13; -1), OIF (-1/2), Real Armor (-1/4)
Notes: Any untreated, medium-weight leather (animal skin). It often resembles ordinary leather clothing, and in fact most leather garb counts as Soft Leather.
Dagger: HKA 1d6-1, Range Based On STR (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (17 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 6 (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4)

SKILLS
Cost  Name
1 Language: Old Worlder (fluent conversation; Everyman Skill, literate)
1 Language: Reikspiel (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)
0 Climbing 8-
0 Concealment 8-
8 Conversation (Everyman Skill) 14-
0 Deduction 8-
0 Shadowing 8-
0 Stealth 8-
1 PS: Entrepreneur (Everyman Skill) 11-
0 KS: History of The Empire 8-
5 +1 with Ranged Combat
3 Blather: Skill vs INT Roll to confuse for a number of phases equal to the difference 11-
3 Charm: Persuasion 11-
3 Public Speaking: Oratory 11-
2 Wit: +1 with Conversation
27 Total Skills Cost

DISADVANTAGES
Cost  Disadvantage
5 Distinctive Features: dresses in garish clothes with bright and violently clashing colours (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
5 Reputation: Showmen, 8-
10 Total Disadvantages Cost
Height: 1.72 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 70.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: He is of indeterminate age, probably somewhere between twenty and forty years old, and dresses in garish clothes with bright and violently clashing colours.
Personality: 
Quote:
Background: Schattiger is typical of the small-time showmen who work the fairs of the Old World.
Powers/Tactics: 
Campaign Use: 
Character created with Hero Designer (version 2.25)

Low Fantasy

Combat Information Page

Character Name: Watchman

Alternate Identities:

Player Name: NPC

attachment.php?s=&postid=101723
CHARACTERISTICS CHARACTER IMAGE
Val Char Base Points Total Roll Notes
10 STR 10 0 10 11- HTH Damage 2d6 END [2]
11 DEX 10 3 11 11- OCV 4 DCV 4
12 CON 10 4 12 11-
12 BODY 10 4 12 11-
7 INT 10 -3 7 10- PER Roll 10-
7 EGO 10 -6 7 10- ECV: 2
7 PRE 10 -3 7 10- PRE Attack: 1d6
7 COM 10 -1 7 10-

3 PD 2 1 3   3 PD (0 rPD)
2 ED 2 0 2   2 ED (0 rED)
2 SPD 2.1 0 2   Phases: 6, 12
4 REC 4 0 4  
24 END 24 0 24  
23 STUN 23 0 23    
4" Running 4 0 4"    
2" Swimming 2 0 2"    
2"/1"" Leaping 2 0 2" -1 Total Characteristics Points
EXPERIENCE POINTS
Total earned: 0
Spent: 0
Unspent: 0
Base Points: 30
Disad Points: 0
Total Points: 16
MOVEMENT
Type Total
Run (4) 4" [8" NC]
Swim (2) 2" [4" NC]
H. Leap (2") 2"
V. Leap (1") 1"
APPEARANCE
Hair Color:  Brown
Eye Color:  Brown
Height:  1.83 m
Weight:  90.00 kg
Description:
All Watchmen wear a yellow tabard with the town's coat of arms over their armour.

DEFENSES
Type Amount Notes
Physical Defense 3 Current BODY:
Res. Phys. Defense 0  
Energy Defense 2 Current END:
Res. Energy Defense 0  
Mental Defense 0 Current STUN:
Power Defense 0  
COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV: 4 DCV: 4

Combat Skill Levels: +1 with HTH Combat
COMBAT MANEUVERS
Maneuver Phase OCV DCV Effect
Block 1/2 +0 +0 Block, abort
Brace 0 +2 1/2 +2 vs. Range Mod.
Disarm 1/2 -2 +0 Can disarm
Dodge 1/2 -- +3 Abort, vs. all attacks
Grab 1/2 -1 -2 Grab two limbs
Grab By 1/2 -3 -4 Move and Grab
Haymaker 1/2* +0 -5 +4 DC attack damage
Move By 1/2 -2 -2 STR/2 + v/5
Move Through 1/2 -v/5 -3 STR + v/3
Set 1 +1 +0 Ranged Attacks only
Strike 1/2 +0 +0 STR or weapon
COMBAT MODIFIERS
Range 0-4 5-8 9-16 17-32 33-64 65-128
RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

EQUIPMENT
Equipment END
Heavy Leather: Armor (2 PD/2 ED) (6 Active Points); Mass (Normal; -1), Helmet, Jacket (Protects Locations 4-5, 9-13; -1), OIF (-1/2), Real Armor (-1/4)
Notes: Like Soft Leather, but thicker, stiffer, and heavier. This looks much less like ordinary clothes than Soft Leather, but may be mistaken for clothes at a distance, in bad light, or if well-made.
Club: HA +4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 10 (-1/2), (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4)
Notes: BODY: 5DEF: 3Length: M
Halberd: HKA 2d6+1, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (52 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 17 (-3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4)
Notes: BODY: 6DEF: 4Length: LSetUnhorse
Dagger: HKA 1d6-1, Range Based On STR (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (17 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 6 (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) 0
TALENTS
Cost  Name
4 Strike Mighty Blow: Deadly Blow: +1d6 (with HTH)
5 Strike to Stun: +2 Increased STUN Multiplier
9 Total Talents Cost

SKILLS
Cost  Name
0 Language: Old Worlder Dialect: Reikspiel (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
0 Concealment 8-
0 Conversation 8-
0 Deduction 8-
0 Scale Sheer Surfaces: Climbing 8-
0 Shadowing 8-
0 Silent Move: Stealth 8-
1 PS: Watchman (Everyman Skill) 11-
0 AK: Home Land 8-
0 KS: The Empire 8-
2 WF: Common Melee Weapons
5 +1 with HTH Combat
8 Total Skills Cost

DISADVANTAGES
Cost  Disadvantage
0 Total Disadvantages Cost
Height: 1.83 m Hair: Brown
Appearance: All Watchmen wear a yellow tabard with the town's coat of arms over their armour.
Personality: 
Quote:
Background: 
Powers/Tactics: Patrols at the Schaffenfest have 2 men with clubs and 2 with halberds; the guard at the festival court (location 8) all have halberds; otherwise all have clubs.
Campaign Use: The town Watch is responsible for keeping public order in Bogenhafen, and for bringing criminals to justice. There are two Watch barracks (locations 10 and 11), one on either bank of the river, and from these, patrols are sent out around the town both night and day. Routine patrols consist of four Watchmen, occassionally led by a Sergeant; all have leather jacks, daggers and equipped with halberds and two with clubs.
Character created with Hero Designer (version 2.26 - interim build)

You rock dude. WFRP has always been a great setting, I never had a great dislike for the rules (The careers list and concept was great... as long as you didn't get a whole lot of XP) I can see people having problems with it. Looking forward to seeing your material.

There should be alot of interest for it too. There are several books that go for $60 dollars used on Ebay, so there is still alot of heavy intrest out there.

My understanding was that Hogshead was going to reprint it with some rewritting (the first one was a bit stale and as you said a let down compaired to the rest of the campaign) but I believe they took to long and ended up giving up the rights to publish WFRP and never actually published the new version.

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

I never saw that one myself, but I heard from a few people that it was kind of a let down.

It's not worth it, except maybe as a collector's item for completists. It's by far the weakest of the series.

James had an outline for rewriting it as "Empire in Chaos," but he decided to return the license and sell the company before it was finished. (Losing the outline and notes to a harddrive crash didn't help, either.) Also, getting Realms of Sorcery and the Dwarf book out took precedence. It definitely wasn't because we "took too long." :)

Originally posted by irishspy

It's not worth it, except maybe as a collector's item for completists. It's by far the weakest of the series.

James had an outline for rewriting it as "Empire in Chaos," but he decided to return the license and sell the company before it was finished. (Losing the outline and notes to a harddrive crash didn't help, either.) Also, getting Realms of Sorcery and the Dwarf book out took precedence. It definitely wasn't because we "took too long." :)

You were part of Hogshead? Cool. What happened? I was really excited about you guys taking over the liscence, but then bam, its gone again a few short years later. Not profitable? Its a damn shame, its a great setting. :(

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

You were part of Hogshead? Cool. What happened? I was really excited about you guys taking over the liscence, but then bam, its gone again a few short years later. Not profitable? Its a damn shame, its a great setting. :(

I was a freelance writer for Hogshead*. The game line was actually quite profitable for the company: The money from it allowed James to put out less "commercial" but critically well-received pieces like Baron Munchausen and Nobilis. The truth is, after several years of running the place almost all by himself, he was burnt-out and wanted to sell the company. GW wouldn't allow a transfer of the license to another company, so he returned it to them (from what I heard, *they* were surprised) and sold the firm to the new owners. And, to be fair to GW, in all the years we dealt with them, they were generally reasonable and easy to get along with. The only complaint that I know of was that they could be rather slow on approvals, which can happen when a tiny company deals with a relatively huge one.

*(Sounds like a title from an old film noir movie. :cool: )

As for the game's future, the most likely speculation has GW eventually re-releasing it through their "Black Library," but I don't know anything definite about it..

Anyway, I'll be interested to see how a Hero version of it looks. :)

Well we just finished up the 4th Session and ended the Mistaken Identy. The night was wrapped up with the players arriving in Bogenhafen, heading over to the Shaffenfest and the fighter type getting pounded into the ground by the wrestler, 'Crusher" Braugen. Thats what I like about HERO. Crusher let him swing away for a while to make it look good. Carta was more on the defensive when the fight started (had his CLs in DCV), but after missing do to Crusher dodging, he says "Well I'm going to get this over with!" and moved his CLs to OCV. So he lands a lucky blow, which suprised Crusher and almost ended the fight (shot right to the chin). So with a signal from Klaus Schattiger (the showmen running the event and not wanting to loose 10 GC to Carta), Crusher slammed him hard in the stomach, lifting him off the ground (a nice upper cut) stunning him. Then followed up with a solid cross to the side of the head. We wrapped up laughing are ahrses off, he was right it was over quick.

I've run the Enemy Within Campain once before (about 10 years ago I think) so with as much info as I could find on the net about Empire in Flames (and some bits about the rewritting, Empire in Chaos), I'm working up my own version. The Skaven will be playing a major part (introduced in Death on the Reik) along with the purple hand who will be tyring to gain possession of the Warp Stone fround in the castle during DotR. Considering the first campaign took 4 sessions I should have plenty of time to flesh it out, lol.