I call you

JmOz

Okay, I have been thinking again (I know, terrible thing to do)

Howmany of you use Summon as written? Most specificaly the Summon specific individual modifier?

See here is my general problem, if I can summon a king, or someone important then I agree with the general idea of the modifier, but what happens when I can summon a specific being who is not important?

The fact that I can summon the XJ-71 Robot that belongs to me should not imho cost more than if i can summon any XJ-71 Robot

So in closing I consider this modifier to be similar to the DNPC modifier of useful

I believe the 'summon specific individual' is used to summon pre-existing NPCs and PCs. If you need to question the Midnight Bomber That Bombs At Midnight, you could use such a summon to call him. Yes, it's incredibly munchkin.

The question you should ask when using it is, 'Do I need this specific person/robot/etc, or a similar with the same sheet would do fine?' If the answer is 'yes', you don't need the advantage. Now I just need the number of your credit card.

Originally posted by Zaratustra

I believe the 'summon specific individual' is used to summon pre-existing NPCs and PCs. If you need to question the Midnight Bomber That Bombs At Midnight, you could use such a summon to call him. Yes, it's incredibly munchkin.

Well, two points...

One, that would require +2 in Advantages on Summon, so it would be very expensive. You'd need the +1 for Specific Being and the +1 for Any Type of Being. If you only bought Specific Being, it would literally be only 1 specific being... you could only Summon the one particular person you had defined when you bought the Power.

Two, any GM who allowed you to buy a Power to Summon anyone whenever you wanted to would have to be asleep at the switch. ;) As the description of Summon in H5E says, you should normally only use Summon to call specific beings if they are deceased, or you have some way of precisely pinpointing their location. So you shouldn't be able to Summon The Midnight Bomber -- even you paid your +2 -- unless you know exactly where he is. Summon shouldn't include a free worldwide Detect power. ;)

I interpret the specific individual text as applying to specific individuals who have significance outside the character's backstory. If a mage wants to always summon the same fire demon (and thus have it remember past incidents, etc.), I don't see a problem with that -- fire demons generally come from a nebulous Realm of Fire or something so it's no big deal. However, a mage who wants to summon their follower doesn't get a free "teleport the follower to me" effect.

I'm building a character with a Specific Being Summon that can only summon beings previously captured with a Usable On Others EDM (he zaps them with his Digitizer Gun and stores them in Data Capsules on his belt. Between adventures, he can "edit" his captives' personalities to make them controllable [slavishly Devoted] so long as they remain in his custody).