Race: Worren

Enforcer84

This is a typical Worren Warrior with the Complete Worren Martial Arts PackageOkay, Re-did this file to include the racial background info. WorrenPlayer:

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
23 DEX 39
15 CON 10
11 BODY 2
10 INT 0
11 EGO 2
15 PRE 5
12 COM 1
6 PD 3
6 ED 3
3 SPD 0
6 REC 0
30 END 0
30 STUN 3
8" RUN02" SWIM04" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 73
Cost Power END
5 Hearty: +1 with Survival
4 Stealthy: +2 with Shadowing
4 Stealthy: +2 with Stealth
1 Strong Legs: Leaping +1" (4" forward, 2" upward) 1
4 Swift: Running +2" (8" total) 1
5 Tail: Extra Limb (1), Inherent (+1/4) (6 Active Points); Limited Manipulation (-1/4)
6 Worren Senses: +2 PER with all Sense Groups
5 Worren Vision: Nightvision
Powers Cost: 34
Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
Peshangi (Worren's Way)
4 1) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 2) Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
3 3) Hold: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 25 STR for holding on
4 4) Punch/Smash: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 5d6 Strike
5 5) Raging Fire Kick/Crescent Kick: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 7d6 Strike
5 6) Soaring Eagle Punch/Diving Raptor Kick: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, 7d6 Strike
3 7) Trip: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 4d6 Strike, Target Falls
1 8) Weapon Element: Blades
1 9) Weapon Element: Clubs
1 10) Weapon Element: Off Hand
1 11) Weapon Element: Polearms and Spears
Martial Arts Cost: 32
Cost Skill
Worren Cultural Package
10 1) Animal Handler (Felines) 16-
8 2) +1 with All Combat
3 3) Acrobatics 14-
3 4) Breakfall 14-
3 5) Climbing 14-
1 6) KS: Worren History 8-
0 7) Language: Worren (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
3 8) Riding 14-
3 9) Shadowing 11-
3 10) Stealth 14-
0 11) TF: Riding Cats
3 12) Tracking 11-
4 13) WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons
Peshangi (Worren's Way)
3 1) Acrobatics 14-
3 2) Breakfall 14-
3 3) Climbing 14-
2 4) KS: Peshangi 11-
2 5) KS: Worren Combat Rites 11-
10 6) Two-Weapon Fighting (HTH)
2 7) WF: Common Melee Weapons
1 8) WF: Off Hand
1 9) WF: Staffs
Skills Cost: 71
Cost Perk
2 Reputation: Fierce Warrior (A large group) 11-, +1/+1d6
Perks Cost: 2
Val Disadvantages
5 Distinctive Features: Worren Features (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15 Psychological Limitation: Appropriate Psych Lim (Aggressive, Arrogant, Code of Honor, etc.) (Common, Strong)
10 Distinctive Features: Style Limitation: Peshangi (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)
Disadvantage Points: 30

Base Points: 150Experience Required: 32Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 212

Height: 1.90 m Hair: Varies
Weight: 82.00 kg Eyes: Varies.
Appearance: A tiger striped race of feline influenced humanoids. The Worren have tails, cat ears, and the tiger striped fur. They otherwise look human and have hair and eyes of a variety of colors.

Most Worren communites wear sturdy clothing made from animal hide but decorated with embroidery and beadwork. When they are in mixed communities they tend to adjust towards the community fashions.

Personality: Honorable and just. The Worren are raised from birth to be a brave and noble individual, to look after family and community and to stand up for what they believe. As with any race; some Worren discard or pervert their teachings so that it suits their own needs, becoming mercenaries, killers, slavers, and worse. Quote:Background: The Worren are a race of proud warriors. Seemingly descendant from tigers, they tend to fall somewhere between ferocious and noble. Skilled riders and breeders of riding cats as well as horses (though not in the same pen...the cats would eat the horses). The Worren Pantheon is led by the four Great Lords: Tiga the True, Lord of Honor and Loyalty; Katt the Fiery, Mistress of Martial Arts and Magic; Rei the Quick, the Mischevious Master of Thieves and Destroyer of Evil, and Cray the Stone Lord; The King of Strength and Battle. A few Minor dieties in the Worren Pantheon include: Una, the Battle Mistress; she is credited with developing Peshangi and Tarhn the Wise; guardian of Worren Lore and mother of Cray.Powers/Tactics: Campaign Use: Worren culture is similar to the hollywood version of the Native American tribes. A typical Worren community will be led by a chieftan, male or female, and a council of elders. The Elders, as well as the clergy, tend to run the day to day activities with the chief acting as spokesman, arbitrator of disputes, and war leader. Most of the clan is trained for battle; men and women; and they take a second career as merchant, rancher, and teacher. Worren tend towards combat oriented career paths, often becoming Warriors, Monks, Paladins, and Crusaders. The Clergy tend towards more militant structure with the priests having both a religious and a military rank. Communities generally range in size anywhere from 50 to 2500 males with females in equal number and children at about 1.5x the amount of males. Worren in mixed communities tend to adopt that community standard for warefare and arms.

Not only a superb breeder of warrior and mount, the Worren have developed a few martial arts styles over the centuries; the most famous being Peshangi, the Way of the Warrior. Worren roges and assassins often study a variant on the Highland Ninjutsu simply titled Worren Ninjutsu. And finally the highly respected and feared Worren Warmasters learn an extensive fighting style known as Bethabak, which could be considered akin to Kenjutsu with a healthy dose of Karate's unarmed maneuvers. Masters of these styles often develop their own maneuvers or substyles and the pride a Worren warrior has in his style is quite evident. The Worren for the most part have no real aversion to teaching others their martial arts. Any martial arts competition worth its salt will draw at least a few Worren masters.

Whoa. that's one expensive package deal.

I'm more in favor of the more minimalist package deals that focus on those things that all members of a race have no matter what. Raised by their own kind or raised by humans, any Woren (that's the spelling capcom uses) is going to have nightvision, but not every Woren in the world is going to know martial arts (and how to use blades with them)

The stats might be a little high.

Why doesn't Katt wear pants? Everyone else seems to...

$0.02

No they won't I just threw that on there to show the martial arts package. The averag Worren Warrior won't have that. Even the acerage practicioner won't I just wanted to show the whole shebang.

I guess a completely average warrior would look thusly

Worren

Player:

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
23 DEX 39
15 CON 10
11 BODY 2
10 INT 0
11 EGO 2
15 PRE 5
12 COM 1
6/10 PD 3
6/8 ED 3
3 SPD 0
6 REC 0
30 END 0
30 STUN 3
8" RUN02" SWIM04" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 73

Cost Power END
5 Hearty: +1 with Survival
4 Stealthy: +2 with Shadowing
4 Stealthy: +2 with Stealth
1 Strong Legs: Leaping +1" (4" forward, 2" upward) 1
4 Swift: Running +2" (8" total) 1
5 Tail: Extra Limb (1), Inherent (+1/4) (6 Active Points); Limited Manipulation (-1/4)
6 Worren Senses: +2 PER with all Sense Groups
5 Worren Vision: Nightvision
Powers Cost: 34

Cost Skill
Worren Cultural Package
10 1) Animal Handler (Felines) 16-
8 2) +1 with All Combat
3 3) Breakfall 14-
3 4) Climbing 14-
1 5) KS: Worren History 8-
0 6) Language: Worren (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
3 7) Riding 14-
3 8) Shadowing 11-
3 9) Stealth 14-
0 10) TF: Riding Cats
3 11) Tracking 11-
4 12) WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons
Skills Cost: 41

Cost Perk
2 Reputation: Fierce Warrior (A large group) 11-, +1/+1d6
Perks Cost: 2

Cost Equipment END
2 Brigandine Armor: Armor (4 PD/2 ED) (9 Active Points); Independent (-2), Mass (Normal; -1), OIF (-1/2), Real Armor (-1/4)
7 Sword, Bastard: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (37 Active Points); Independent (-2), OAF (-1), STR Minimum (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4), Required Hands One-And-A-Half-Handed (-1/4) [Notes: Body 6, Def 5, Length M]
Equipment costs shown above are for reference only, and are not included in Total Cost.

Total Character Cost: 150

Val Disadvantages
5 Distinctive Features: Worren Features (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
Worren Cultural Package
15 1) Psychological Limitation: Appropriate Psych Lim (Aggressive, Arrogant, Code of Honor, etc.) (Common, Strong)

Disadvantage Points: 20

Base Points: 150

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Guest joen00b

I have a race very similar to this in my world, that I borrowed from Tom Armstrong (he used to write for Dragon Magazine and such) called Karjixian Tigerman. Given that I wanted more than just Tigermen floating around the world, I shortened it to the Karjix, and kept jix as the root, changing the beginning for the different cat races.

I like your write a bit better than mine, it's built a bit better and a bit more streamlined.

Thanks for sharing:)

Originally posted by BNakagawa

Man, I'd hate to run into a superior Woren warrior if a completely average warrior sported a 23 Dex.

But then again, your game might be a little higher power than what I'm used to.

$0.02

Yeah; but its a 300 pt world So I didn't think it too out there.

What he said.

I'm rather more used to 150ish point level FH.

Around 300 you start looking more like Champions characters.

Actually, most 300 point FH characters could demolish most champions characters if you're using hit locations.

boottothehead yeah yeah yeah

$0.02