Need some Help Supreme!

Enforcer84

There are few, if any, differences between (current) Supreme and the Silver-Age Superman. The most notable differences are that Supreme has no super-ventriloquism or super-breath. Check out the first trade-paper back collection of Supreme, "Story of the Year." There are two issues that mention specifics on his powers. The first is when Supreme is flying off to rescue Suprema from Gorrl the Living Galaxy. Supreme has a running inner monologue about how his senses work. He really just extends his consciousness. Thus he has no "micro-sight" but merely extends his consciousness to the molecular level. The other is when he fights the fictional "Omni-Man," summoned by Mr Mxyp-- I mean, Szazs the Sprite Supreme. Thats' where there's mention of Supreme having no equivalent to "Omni-Exhalation."

Keep in mind that Supreme's universe undergoes constant "revisions" which periodically redefine his powers. In the first issue of "Story of the Year" Supreme meets other Supreme's who were "revised" out of existence. One of them comments, "Be careful, his powers may be so poorly defined that they are practically unlimited." In this way, Supreme is VERY close to the Silver-Age Superman. His powers (or limits thereof) are very poorly defined and change periodically to fit the story. You may consider giving your Supreme a VERY large VPP to reflect that.

Originally posted by Supreme

In the first issue of "Story of the Year" Supreme meets other Supreme's who were "revised" out of existence. One of them comments, "Be careful, his powers may be so poorly defined that they are practically unlimited." In this way, Supreme is VERY close to the Silver-Age Superman. His powers (or limits thereof) are very poorly defined and change periodically to fit the story.

I believe Superion was referring to 90s superheroes, not Silver Age ones. The exact quote is:

"He looks like a 'Nineties model. His powers may be so poorly defined as to be virtually limitless! Treat him with caution..."

Originally posted by Doug McCrae

I believe Superion was referring to 90s superheroes, not Silver Age ones. The exact quote is:

"He looks like a 'Nineties model. His powers may be so poorly defined as to be virtually limitless! Treat him with caution..."

Well, in my Humble Opinion Supreme, Moore was attempting to combine the best elements of all of the Ages into one ultimate super-hero. But in the end, Moore's first love - the ever-so-imaginative Silver Age - demonstrated it's Superiorirty. I mean come on! All the colors of Kryptoni - I mean - Supremium... Krypto the Super - I mean - Radar the Houhnd Supreme... Who're we kidding?!?

Originally posted by Enforcer84

True dat, but there's always going to be the question...

Well, truthfully, it all depends upon who's doing the writing. For instance, in my Humble Opinion Supreme Superman should always lose to magic-based bricks like Captain Marvel and Thor, but the way it winds up getting written...